A2024

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi.

AmigaOS has a native driver for esoteric Commodore monitor A2024. It produces a NeXT like resolution 1024x1024 with 2 or 4 grayscale.

Is it possible to make a support of this videomodes by using Indivision? I think that it will be interesting at least from historical point of view.

Thanks.

• It produces a NeXT like resolution 1024x1024 with 2 or 4 grayscale.

It's actually limited to 1008 pixel width, as the OCS chipset has an upper limit of the modulo-value that's added at the end of each line.

Is it possible to make a support of this videomodes by using Indivision? I think that it will be interesting at least from historical point of view.

I've thought about it, but came to the conclusion (a long time ago!) that it does not add any value, and it does not make any existing software usable that isn't already usable with higher resolution screenmodes. To be more precise: HighGFX modes are faster, superior to A2024 and the mouse pointer does not split at the edges of the transfer-fields.

Yes, I agree that the "Hedley-monitor" was an interesting piece of Amiga history, and I've used it myself for a long time. When the CRT broke, I salvaged the circuit board with the flicker fixer, added a monitor connector output to it, and it really made me happy to see that this part still worked. However, I never found any use for it, so it only moved with me from place to place...

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.