RR with Poseidon v4.5 -> corrupted data

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi Jens and other users of icomp products.

I have a problem using RR + Poseidon I got with RR + Fat95 (latest version from Aminet, v3.18). Whenever I try to copy large amount (more tha a few files) of data on UBS key it gets corrupted or only partialy copyed (missing files, folders - sometimes copy comand stops copying during the process because it can't find a folder that should have already been copyed but it isn't).

If I copy a single file it is usually ok, sometimes it seems to be copyed ok but for example .lha archive is broken and not extractable anymore.

First I tought it is my old WB configuration to blame (with all patches and "patches"-hacks collected over the years), but now I reinstalled WB 3.1 and the same thing happens.

The same thing happens the other way around. Copying files from Mac or PC on a USB key gives corrupted .lha archives that cannot be extracted fully on amiga. Sometimes files copyed to USB key on one computer (Mac, PC) cannot be seen on Amiga or only some of them are seen (but all files can be seen on any other computer).

I already tried:

-new installation (WB 3.1 + MUI only + setpatch and installer from OS3.9)

-latest versions of HIDclassV44.lha and RRDevice17Bin.lha from icomp site

-USB keys formated on Mac, under Parallels on Windows side and on real PC (Windows 10) - FAT format, default file allocation size or 16 kb

-inserting USB key directly to RR and with short USB cable

-multiple USB keys - lets say at least 10-15 (also tryed smaller ones too - 1 Gb)

-starting-up the stack by loading Tridend and by loading PsdStackloader

CONFIG1: A2000 r4.3 with Neuroth 020 (probablly MTec 68020 copy - https://bigbookofamigahardware.com/bboah/product.aspx?id=89) + A2091

CONFIG2: A2000 r4.3 with Matze's TK68EC020 only

No RomTags are used in startup-sequence to make the stack reset-resident. At the begining of startup-sequence there is a line "PsdLoadmodule DEVS:input.device QUIET".

I used provided installation script for installation.

USB mouse, keyboard and external floppy all seem to work fine.

I hope somebody can help me. I have no more ideas what to try.

Best,

Žiga

• I forgot to copy "error.log" that Trident created.

• I have a problem using RR + Poseidon I got with RR + Fat95 (latest version from Aminet, v3.18). Whenever I try to copy large amount (more tha a few files) of data on UBS key it gets corrupted or only partialy copyed (missing files, folders - sometimes copy comand stops copying during the process because it can't find a folder that should have already been copyed but it isn't).

Sounds like a simple stack problem for the missing folders, and maybe a version of the copy command that's plain buggy: Back when we developed the Catweasel for the Amiga (late 1996/early 1997), we cound that copy V38.x sometimes trashes target data. Replace with V40 or higher.

If you're scanning large directory trees with the copy command, you need lots of stack. The standard 4k are easily exceeded - try 100k and see if it makes a difference.

• Hi Jens,

thanks for the quick answer.

But the problem resolved itself today by accident.

I removed A2091 controller because it doesn't work with Matze's TK68EC020. And just out of habit I moved x-surf to the first available slot, where A2091 used to be.

I have to do some more testing but it seems like this solved the problem.

Or maybe it was the fact that I removed and reinstalled RR on x-surf.

I will try to copy the whole partition and see if there are no errors when I will have time, but hopefully the problem is gone.

Best, Žiga

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.