Where is Picasso96

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • What you call stupidity is merely making sure that you can also download the product if you buy it. Since this is happening in the order history of the user account, this would be a long way for guest-orders:

If you place an order as a guest, this can be associated with a new user account if the shipping address is identical with the one used for the guest-order. So if you've placed an order as a guest and made a new user account, you can associate the old guest order with the new user account by using the order ID as a "password".

HOWEVER, since a download product does not have a shipping address associated with it, the new user account would not find the guest-order, and it would have to be associated manually. Customers would have to wait until our admin finds the time to do that, and they would ask "why didn't you make sure that I can't place a guest-order for a download?". And they might even choose a similar wording as you did.

So please accept that this is a known-good way to deliver paid downloads.

• Like hell it is. I've been going round and round in circles clicking links and nowhere does it say anything about being logged in to even VIEW it. I was looking at buying it now I've got a PiStorm32 Lite in my A1200 but I think I'll take my money elsewhere.

• Well, the "nowhere" part is easily debunked, as we have separate listings that only show up for guests where the product is advertised and described, including the fact that buying downloads is only possible after making a member account on the shop site.

Please do take the time to read what we write - thank you!

• Hi.

I am trying to buy a license for P96, and just tried to register in the shop.

I get this error message and it doesn't seem to create an account.

Hmm tried attaching the error message as an image but it didn't seem to work.

See below for a quote of the error message contents.

Then I registered for the forum, but the confirmation message for the forum registration here doesn't arrive in my inbox.

Have re-requested it once already.

So I had to reply instead of creating a new thread.

Would have been happy to contact you by e-mail but couldn't find any address or form.

I also tried re-registering in both languages, but got the same error message.

How can I proceed?

Contao Open Source CMS

Es ist ein Fehler aufgetreten

Was ist das Problem?

Bei der Ausführung des Skriptes ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Irgendetwas funktioniert nicht richtig.

Wie kann ich das Problem lösen?

Öffnen Sie die Datei system/logs/error.log und suchen Sie die zugehörige Fehlermeldung (normalerweise die letzte). Sie können auch folgende Zeile in die lokale Konfigurationsdatei einfügen und diese Seite neu laden:

Code
    1. $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['displayErrors'] = true;

Beachten Sie jedoch, dass in diesem Fall jeder die Fehlermeldungen auf Ihrer Webseite sehen kann!

Weitere Informationen

Die Skriptausführung wurde gestoppt, weil irgendetwas nicht korrekt funktioniert. Die eigentliche Fehlermeldung wird aus Sicherheitsgründen hinter dieser Meldung verborgen und findet sich in der Datei system/logs/error.log (siehe oben). Wenn Sie die Fehlermeldung nicht verstehen oder nicht wissen, wie das Problem zu beheben ist, durchsuchen Sie die Contao-FAQs oder besuchen Sie die Contao-Supportseite.

• Update: My forum activation e-mail arrived 10 minutes ago and it worked. Still wondering about the shop account error message.

Thanks.

Edit: Retried the shop registration and it worked. Thanks.

• Our eMail server had quite a bit of downtime yesterday, and the shop obviously doesn't like it when registration eMails can't be sent out. This was fixed around 16:45 yesterday. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jens

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.