Chameleon Core update 9q released

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • This update expands the features of the last update and adds another feature suggested by a user: now you can provide a configuration file per program/image which can be automatically loaded when starting it via the filebrowser.

The changes in detail:

As always get the update on the Chameleon wiki page.

We wish everyone a merry christmas and a happy new year! Stay healthy!

• Tobias

Approved the thread.
  • This is not a Chameleon issue but I am unable to run the recent ./Chaco commandline tool !

Code
    1. ./Chaco: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk3u_xrc-3.0-gtk3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've tried to install every package under the sun for GTK3 tonight but I just cant seem to find just that dependency !
    :-( I'm struggling onwards but I thought I'd toss in a message here too incase you know already !

I'm on Linux Mint 19.3 (Ubuntu Bionic 18.04 based)

Cheers and greets ! DAG !

• I've tried to install every package under the sun for GTK3 tonight but I just cant seem to find just that dependency !
    :-( I'm struggling onwards but I thought I'd toss in a message here too incase you know already !

I'm on Linux Mint 19.3 (Ubuntu Bionic 18.04 based)

Cheers and greets ! DAG !

This, I'm afraid, is another symptom of the complete mess that is binary software distribution under Linux.

If you install the libwxgtk3.0-gtk3-0v5 package on a recent Ubuntu derivative, you get, for example, "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk3u_xrc-3.0.so.0"

"ldd Chaco" gives you "...libwx_gtk3u_xrc-3.0-gtk3.so.0..." - note the extra gtk3 in the library name.

Symlinks won't save you either - I tried that and just got an error message regarding library versions for my trouble.

The actual command line version of chaco works fine, however. It needs root privileges of course, but:

"sudo ./chacocmd --flashrbf 0 <rbffile> <binfile>" will update the Chameleon core in slot 0 - or just user the flasher-linux64 utility.

• hence use the source luke :) or you can try qchaco, which is basically a gui fronted for the cmdline tool.

that said, i really have to rewrite that thing with a different toolkit, wx is just outdated and broken these days - unfortunately using anything half modern results in even more terrible distribution problems, this time on windows :)

• hence use the source luke :) or you can try qchaco, which is basically a gui fronted for the cmdline tool

I didn't realise the source was available! I've just downloaded it and built a version that works on Mint20 (based on Ubuntu 20.04). No idea if it works on 18.04, but I can confirm that it doesn't on 14.04 (wrong C++ ABI version.)

I downloaded the chameleon-tools-src zipfile from the Wiki page, and the Makefile needs a bit of a helping hand:

Firstly, I had to create the build-linux directory.

Secondly, I had to copy the include directory from the core release archive's Developer subdirectory to the tools directory.

The makefile stops, complaining that 64tass can't be found - but I can build Chaco itself by typing

make -C wxchaco

The result is attached - as I say, it works on Ubuntu 20.04, but whether it'll work on 18.04 is anyone's guess...

• Incredibly, I even managed to compile the Chaco myself too from Alastairs info !
    But not needed really as the 20.04 he compiled works plus the old one from 2019.
    But a challenge completed is always satisfying :-)

• ...and most of all: Did you choose the correct core for your hardware (V1/V2)?

Hi.

I have V2 version, and using Chameleon with docking station, and pair of C64. I did update via USB cable and flasher app. Where can I find update for V2 version?

• Its all included in the update .zip - and the flasher.exe should select the right one for your hardware. Just try again and paste the output here, it should tell what core was flashed and what hardware was detected.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.