Happy new year everyone - as promised here is another monthly update!
Besides a couple REU detail fixes, this update corrects a sprite collision bug, which fixes the following games:
... and likely more that suffered from the same bugs.
As we are running out of non working "real world" programs, we'd again like to encourage Chameleon owners to report anything that is still wrong after the update. Please check the wiki to see which issues we already know about.
The changes in detail:
- Menu System:
- - extensive update to the help system contributed by Geert De Prins
- FPGA Core:
- - Fix in VIC-II emulation, Sprite vs Sprite collisions were wrong for some pixel
- - Fixed 512k Ocean Cartridge mapping
- - When CPU is crashed, force a reset when pressing the menu button. Allows to
- enter the menu when CPU is crashed.
- - Fixed REU behavior when triggered by a Read-modify-write instruction operating
- at FF00.
- - REU timing fixes. The REU can steal one cycle during badlines or at the
- beginning of sprite DMA.
- - REU/VIC-II combined timing fix. Added emulation of slow BA signal for the
- first sprite 0 DMA fetch, allowing REU to steal two cycles.
- - after successful update also delete the core file that was flashed
- - fixed a bug that would result in the wrong core flashed to v1 hardware
As usual get the update on the Chameleon wiki page.