P96 indiswitcher

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I purchased the latest P96 drivers last night.

I followed the instruct ructions of adding the command " indiswitcher " in startup-sequence, after binding monitors, before IPrefs.

I keep getting an error in regards to having the incorrect rtg.library file.

Thanks

• Is there any way to disable the RTG output when not being used? The native display is now disabled when RTG is enabled. I can't get RTG to disable when native is enabled. Trying to get my system so the monitor will auto change between inputs.

• That's pretty exactly what Indieswitcher will do: Switch off the sync signals on Indivisíon when RTG is active. Switching back can only be automkatic if the GFX card switches off it's sync signals when not in use. I'd say that's a task for the P96 driver author(s).

• Originally. I was getting an error with the command " indiswitcher ". I worked that out myself. My continuing issue, with the P96 drivers is that now my RTG card signal stays active when a native amiga mode is running.

My MK3 switches off when an RTG mode is displayed. But it doesn't work in reverse.

When a native amiga mode, running through the MK3, the RTG signal stays active. I was hoping to have my monitor auto switch between inputs instead of manually switching the input. the MK3 switches off when RTG is enabled, but RTG signal stays on when amiga modes are enabled.

Is there any way to make the P96 drivers disable the signal, to the RTG card, when a native amiga screen is enabled.

• You could build a switcher that switches depending on "Sync signals from Indivision or not". I understand that most monitors won't do it this way, but we're only providing the flickerfixer part. The P96 driver will have to do the same on the RTG side to make it work like you described.

Let me emphasize that none of my monitors will switch to a different input automatically. Samsung, BenQ, HP and Eizo all need a press on the "source" button, for some monitors you even have to cycle through other (unused) inputs. So even if it will be implemented in a P96 driver at some point, it will only work for a fraction of users.

Also, please understand that the "Indiswitcher" feature was never advertised. It's a free add-on as a courtesy for improvements, also on other products that we cannot influence. It's an acknowledgement like "we understand that it might be desirable", but since we don't have any RTG card in our portfolio, the whole approach must be understood as a development stub that will hopefully be picked up from the other side - the RTG card vendor(s).

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.