Can't boot from ACA 500 plus CF card slot after ACA1234 CPLD update and 0.140 menu

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Today I update the firmware of my ACA 500 Plus (After 2018) from 0.135 to 0.140 and I also update the ACA 1234 CPLD.

After these update I can't boot from the Aux card and Boot card of ACA 500 plus.

The boot card doesn't show up in the Early startup.

My configuration is:

Amiga 500 REV6 modded to 1 MB chip

CA-PSU

ACA 500 Plus After 2018 model

Sandisk 4 GB CF card in boot card slot ACA 500

Sandisk 32 GB CF card in ACA 1234f

I also tried to flash to go back to 0.135.

• Neither tThe CPLD update, nor the Firmware update of the ACA500plus are changing anything on the ACA50plus CF slots. Please double-check for bent pins on these slots.

• I checked for bent pins and I also tried it on another ACA 500 Plus version befor 2018 with v0.140 and that one also has no bent pins.

I also checked it wit honother Amiga 500 rev 6 and the issue is stil exists.

After setting the jumper JP0: to "safe launch @25MHz and EEPROM settings reset" and turning on the Amiga 500 and the Cf Aux and Boot disk slots of the ACA 500 Plus work again.

After that I set the jumper back to factory setting and now all the CF cards will show in Workbench.

I have solved my own problem.:)

• After setting the jumper JP0: to "safe launch @25MHz and EEPROM settings reset" and turning on the Amiga 500 and the Cf Aux and Boot disk slots of the ACA 500 Plus work again.

After that I set the jumper back to factory setting and now all the CF cards will show in Workbench.

Thank you for this post! In my case AUX was working but BOOT on ACA500Plus wasn't. I just assumed that it's just how ACA500Plus with ACA1234 works, and that I have to use the CF port on the ACA1234 instead of the boot port on the ACA500Plus. Only now have I stumbled upon your post, did the EEPROM reset with my card, and boom! the boot port on ACA500Plus works! It's more convenient to use than the one on ACA1234, so I'll stick with this one.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.