ACA500plus, additional CF card in AUX slot?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I bought additional CF card which is intended to be data-backup for primary boot-cf data.

I've partitioned additional CF (AUX slot) by HDToolBox (one big PFS/3 partition) and formatted new drive without problems.

However, besides my new disk (called CFDATA) I have second ghost device / disk called CFAUX:NDOS.

Is this normal???

Regards, M

• However, besides my new disk (called CFDATA) I have second ghost device / disk called CFAUX:NDOS.

Is this normal???

Yes, that's normal. The mounter for FAT-formatted cards (which generally use the device name CFAUX:) is still active, and it tells you that it did not find any FAT-formatted card. Think of it like a "DF0: empty" message - although not physically empty.

Just for data safety's sake, in case you weren't aware: CF cards with an Amiga-RDB on them MUST NOT be hot-plugged. There is no proper way to un-mount a partition that has been mounted with RDB, so you should always keep in mind that you should never remove the card.

Combining the above two things, it may be an idea to not launch the FAT-mounter if an RDB was found on the Aux CF card. We implemented exactly that for the ACA1234 this week, so it may find it's way back into the ACA500plus software. No promise, though, as this is a cosmetic thing and does not affect functionality.

• Yes, that's normal. The mounter for FAT-formatted cards (which generally use the device name CFAUX:) is still active, and it tells you that it did not find any FAT-formatted card. Think of it like a "DF0: empty" message - although not physically empty.

Just for data safety's sake, in case you weren't aware: CF cards with an Amiga-RDB on them MUST NOT be hot-plugged. There is no proper way to un-mount a partition that has been mounted with RDB, so you should always keep in mind that you should never remove the card.

Combining the above two things, it may be an idea to not launch the FAT-mounter if an RDB was found on the Aux CF card. We implemented exactly that for the ACA1234 this week, so it may find it's way back into the ACA500plus software. No promise, though, as this is a cosmetic thing and does not affect functionality.

Hello,

Thank you for explanation and warnings. It is clear for me now ;-)

It would be nice yo have such a feature (FAT-mounter blocker in certain cases) on ACA500plus because it is confusing.

Regards, M.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.