Is is possible to have 11.2MBytes on ACA1221lc with A1200?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I see no option in GUI (Acatool), i wonder is there any option ad "addmem" on Furia to get more RAM on stock A1200?

You can see what I have in WB on attached photo.

When I list mem config I see this in the photo attached. Is this normal and other RAM is consumed by the OS, or I should see more ram here?

• You can see what I have in WB on attached photo.

No, the picture only shows what is *free* after your full WB has been booted.

ACAtool will always configure the ACA1221lc "to the max" in terms of memory. What you can do is to run "showconfig" in a shell to find out if all memory has been added to the freemem list.

• Correct - your WB isntallation appears to occupy a good bit of fastmem, that's why you "only" have 8.5M free after startup. Still a great chunk of mem to work with. That should allow you to compile even bigger C projects.

• Well, it is ClassicWB installation at this moment, many unnecessary apps for 3.1.4.
    Plan is to do clean install once I get WB 3.2.

About compiling, that will have to wait for better accelerator or can be done under WinUAE. ;-)

Correct - your WB installation appears to occupy a good bit of fastmem, that's why you "only" have 8.5M free after startup. Still a great chunk of mem to work with. That should allow you to compile even bigger C projects.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.