Indivision AGA MK3 image garbled

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Got my new card today, followed the manual closely powered on and only get an image like the attached screenshot. I have tested on two monitors and I get the same result. On a 15kHz monitor, the picture is fine from the Amigas RGB output. I removed and reseated the Indivision a second time and the issue persists and tested from the HDMI and VGA connector, I get the same result. Would someone be able to suggest what I am able to try to resolve this? I feel confident I have pushed the socket onto the Lisa chip firmly enough.

• Yes, it is the original PSU issued with the Elbox Power Tower - if this is the issue what is the solution?

Elbox must have gotten these extremely cheap around Y2K, and when they started marketing them, I started to get lots of support cases where Buddha controllers were defective. I even flew to Britain in 2003 or 2004 (I'd have to look up the date), only to find out that an unsuitable PSU kept blowing up the MACH chips of my controllers.

So the obvious remedy would be to use a modern, DC-DC controller-based PSU.

• Okay, slightly embarrassed. It turns out I simply didn't push hard enough despite feeling like I was about to snap the MotherBoard in half. I took the board out of the case and pushed from both sides and that solved my problem. Thank you Jens it is a great product and thank you for trying to help even though it was my fault.

• Although it now works for you, you might want to double-check the stability of your 5V rail. AT power supplies are much better than ATX power supplies, because they are geared towards 286 and 386 systems that have 5V as their main power rail (just like the Amiga), but given the age and quality of the unit that Elbox supplied in the firt place, it might be a good idea to replace the output capacitors after two decades.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.