I would like to report that HDMI audio output from my IDV3 is unreliable i.e. intermittent on my A4000 system. However frequent enough for me to raise this issue.
Workbench running in HighGFX 1024x768
IDV outputing in Pre 1024 X 768 70Hz VESA
More often then not the problem is like this after starting any WHDLoad'ed game at random with a screen resolution change...
1. Sound works fine.
2. Sound starts, slight interruption for about half a second and then resumes with no issues.
3. Sound starts after a few seconds sound is lost. I disconnected and reconnected the HDMI cable just in case it is the TV losing sync...
4. No sound - switching to analogue sound on my LCD TV shows sound working at the native hardware level.
I am using a low-end standard Panasonic HD-Ready 720p LCD TV, it needs the HDMI mode in IndivisionAGAmk3 config to be set to 96kHz audio.
The following scenario was also reproduced on my system several times at different times.
1. Start Audio Engineer Plus 1.0
- Screen mode defaults to regular PAL High Res.
- IDV switches to Pre 800x600 Auto+VSync.
2. Load sample.
3. Play sample.
4. NO HDMI audio output..
5. Switch to Component Video and Analog Audio.
6. AUDIO output normal.
7. Switch back to HDMI.
8. TV displays message showing "No HDMI audio"
Inexplicably at this moment it is working...