Indivision MK3 CD32

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.
Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi Jens.

I have a few questions if you don't mind.

I saw in one of the indi mk3 threads your working on the CD32 MK3. Just wondering how the live mode edit is going to work without a keyboard on the CD32. Will it be supported if a keyboard is found say either through the aux port or an add on like SX1 or Kipper2k riser.

Will there be a bootable iso which will allow it to be configured and recovered. Similar to the recovery adf ?

Will there be a way to feed the C= FMV cartridge A/V output into the Indivision. Maybe via a solder modification and a switch to swap between Lisa and FMV ?

• Just wondering how the live mode edit is going to work without a keyboard on the CD32.

Not "out of the box". The CIA adapter has nowhere to go on the CD32, but we'll have the pinout of the small connector open, so anyone with an SX32-like expansion can do a mod. It's just four wire links: Left mouse button, power LED state and the two keyboard signals.

Will there be a way to feed the C= FMV cartridge A/V output into the Indivision. Maybe via a solder modification and a switch to swap between Lisa and FMV ?

No chance for FMV - we've had this question before with the older versions, and it's plain impossible.

• The CIA adapter has nowhere to go on the CD32, but we'll have the pinout of the small connector open, so anyone with an SX32-like expansion can do a mod. It's just four wire links: Left mouse button, power LED state and the two keyboard signals.

Thanks, can you put the solder points for the wire links on the wiki ? Will it be the same for rev3 and rev4 motherboards ? I had a play with isotool from the dev cd 2.1 and its easy enough to make an iso file from the adf.

• If the akiko links are not available how feasible would it be to add a 2 pin header for a momentary switch. Long push enter live mode.. second long push leave live mode. Short push cycles through modes in live mode ? Just thinking out loud.:)

• I'll look into available signals on Akiko. After all, we only need lines that need to be physically available to other parts, such as the audio filters and left mouse button. It's likely that we'll find them on the main board of the CD32, but I'll ahve to check that in detail - when the boards are assembled and have passed QC.