Driver and Software Download X-Surf 500

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I have 3.1.4.1 installed and I'm using a 3.1.4 rom which I uploaded to the aca500plus. When I install the network stack instead of displaying a workbench, it redirects back to the a500plus startup screen.

• If you have bought your card very early (before the X-Surf-500 was released), it may be possible that the network install disk is not in the flash of the ACA500plus yet. You can find the install disk in form of another update file for the ACA500plus in the Wiki (the "networ installer update").

• I just bought it. But i did install the network update too. Maybe that was unnecessary? I have another CF card with 3.1, I will try to boot from that one, using the default 3.1 ROM, while running network install. If I see the disk then I have some options.

• Got it to work using my other 3.1 CF card. I think it returned to the start screen because it loaded the default 3.1 ROM from the ACA500plus but I booted 3.1.4.1. I kept the other CF card to remain compatible with the defaults on the ACA500plus so I could do ACA500plus related administration tasks. When booting from that CF card I got the workbench and the install disk. I used TransADF to transfer it to an ADF image to my hot swap CF card. After that I booted into 3.1.4.1 and mounted the image using ImageMount (I believe that one is part of the BestWB package). My Amiga is online now.

I'm going to buy an IBrowse license now so I have a nice and up to date browsing experience.

I totally love the ACA500Plus BTW!

• I used TransADF to transfer it to an ADF image to my hot swap CF card. After that I booted into 3.1.4.1 and mounted the image using ImageMount (I believe that one is part of the BestWB package).

Why so complicated? You can just choose to mount the image in the menu, but boot from CF. That would have saved you the hassle of using external software. Anyway, good to see that you resolved it.

I totally love the ACA500Plus BTW!

Most of the people here know that already. However, since we do not advertise, you'd help a lot if you tell your friends who don't have an ACA500plus yet :-)

• ow.. there is a mount option? Oh well, I guess that's just me getting to know the system. :)

Just wanted to share my enthusiasm a bit.

No advertising needed BTW. I found out about it searching on duckduckgo.com for memory expansions which didn't need any mods on the motherboard. And YouTube for the reviews. The shop does the rest...:thumbup:

• Which device are you booting from? To my knowledge, the installer does not use the Loadmodule command. Please post the startup-sequence of said boot device.

• This works fine normally, only an issue when I run the xsurf installer from the ACA500plus menu.

Startup-sequence from OS3.2 causing the problem:

; $VER: Startup-Sequence_HardDrive 47.14 (7.3.2021)

; Startup-Sequence for hard drive systems

Version exec.library version 47 >NIL:

If Warn

LoadModule L:System-Startup ROMUPDATE

EndIf

SetPatch >NIL:

;------------------- CPU CheckInstall Section ------------------------

FailAt 31

CPU CHECKINSTALL

SET temp1 $RC

If VAL $temp1 EQ 30

ECHO ""

ASK "Press the RETURN key to resume booting into a restricted system."

Execute S:Startup-failsafe

QUIT

EndIf

If VAL $temp1 EQ 5

ECHO ""

ASK "Press the RETURN key to resume booting."

EndIf

UNSET temp1

;---------------- End of CPU CheckInstall Section --------------------

FailAt 10

Version >NIL:

Assign >nil: EXISTS DF0:

If not warn

AddBuffers DF0: 15 >NIL:

EndIf

If EXISTS ENVARC:

MakeLink RAM:ENV to ENVARC: FORCE

Else

MakeDir RAM:ENV

Endif

MakeDir RAM:T RAM:Clipboards

Resident C:Assign PURE

Assign ENV: RAM:ENV

Assign T: RAM:T

Assign CLIPS: RAM:Clipboards

Assign REXX: S:

FailAt 21

Assign PRINTERS: DEVS:Printers

Assign KEYMAPS: DEVS:Keymaps

Assign LOCALE: SYS:Locale

Assign LIBS: SYS:Classes ADD

Assign HELP: LOCALE:Help DEFER

BindDrivers

Mount DEVS:DOSDrivers/~(#?.info)

LoadMonDrvs >NIL:

FailAt 10

SetEnv Language "english"

SetEnv Workbench $Workbench

SetEnv Kickstart $Kickstart

UnSet Workbench

UnSet Kickstart

AddDataTypes REFRESH QUIET

IPrefs

ConClip

If EXISTS SYS:System/RexxMast

SYS:System/RexxMast >NIL:

EndIF

Path C: SYS:Utilities SYS:Rexxc SYS:System S: SYS:Prefs SYS:Tools SYS:Tools/Commodities

MakeLink RAM:Disk.info TO ENVARC:Sys/def_RAM.info SOFT

IF EXISTS S:User-Startup

Execute S:User-Startup

EndIF

LoadWB

EndCLI >NIL:

• I manged to get the installer from another setup and got it to work although the mount icomp does not work on OS3.2 which is a shame.

• I have installed os 3.2 too, the installation of the network software gave me no issues. But the icomp fileshare didnt work for me too. It just told me the network couldnt be started (vanilla OS 3.2, with only drivers/software for all the icomp stuff inside and outside, no extra's installed yet).

Do you get this message too?

What i did was to edit the file "Mount icomp" and remarkt from the "failat 20" till the "else"(first 5 rows) and then the last "EndIf"(last row) with a ;.

Afcource this is not a best practice, because you dont get warnings, but i only mount when needed to get in install or update. And most important, it works.

Another reasen could be that there is no internet connection, but you mention you got it to work exept for the fileshare. This can be checked easely with an ping to 1.1.1.1 from the CLI in case you have no browser installed

Hope this helps, its realy a nice network card for the amiga.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.