ACA 500+ w/ Blizzard 1260 (general questions)

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

Here is the scenario:

ACA 500+ w/ 1233n and OS3.9BB4 boots fine. There is no need to change any configuration settings in the ACA menu and there is no need to configure anything differently in startup-sequence. I can just press F1 to boot into a default 3.1 configuration.

ACA 500+ w/ Blizzard 1260 does not boot. Personally I see that there is the initial start and then when the soft reboot occurs I just get a black screen.

1. Is this an issue with the mapping of the ROM? For my Blizzard there is no bridge on the MapRom jumper pins.

2. What will the AUTO setting do in the MAP ROM option if I have both an ACA 500+ and a Blizzard. Where will the ROM be mapped to?

3. What if I use blizkick, shall I turn off the MAP ROM setting completely?

4. MMU Libs option: Is this just "MMULib" from Aminet? Presumably, I can set this option to on and not even bother putting libraries for the 68060 in the LIBS folder.

Regards.

• I'm sorry, but we cannot give support for Blizzard accelerators on the ACA500plus - some software support has been added, and some users have reported success, but we don't have enough knowledge of the Blizzard details to help you in any way. Other users will need to jump in here.

• Okay Jens, thanks. I know that there was good progress before with getting them to work. I do have a setup that works but I always must MAP ROM to aca 500+ and I am confused about mapping ROM to fast ram because between setting the map rom to blizzard or ACA or AUTO or using blizkik I do not know which takes precedence and whether a conflict would occur.

Do you feel that it is not possible to answer the questions above if you answer them in general instead of in a blizzard support context?

Regs,

• I am confused about mapping ROM to fast ram because between setting the map rom to blizzard or ACA or AUTO or using blizkik I do not know which takes precedence and whether a conflict would occur.

Since the accelerator decides what to access (the A1200-side bus or fastmem), a "blizzard Maprom" will always take precedence.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.