TC64V1 - The mouse is not recognized correctly under GEOS.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • TC64V1 on docking station V2 with firmware 9k. A PS/2 mouse is connected via the breakout cable. Both, a mouse that had to be connected

via a USB adapter and a mouse with a PS/2 connection, were tried out. Both mice run smoothly under the MinimigAGACore.

Good evening and merry christmas,
    I have already tried various GEOS versions. First a 16MB GEOS REU image, then a geos-georam version and finally a completely normal Geos boot disk. The mouse is never recognized correctly. If I configure the mouse in the TC64 menu for port 1, it does not react under GEOS when it is moved. The left mouse button works correctly. If you press the right mouse button, the mouse pointer moves up.

If the mouse is configured for port 2, it does not react to anything.

I separated the joystick from the docking station for the tests.

Since I have the same problem with two mice, I think it is possible that it could be a problem with the 9k firmware.

Cheers
    SID-6581

• In the test program, the mouse (Port1) was recognized without errors when the TC64V1 was connected to the dockingstation v2.

The error persisted in GEOS even when the TC64V1 was disconnected to the dockingstation v2

I would like to add that one after the other two Amiga mice connected to port 1 of the dockingstation V2 resulted in the TC64V1 not wanting to start up at all. Even if the keyboard and mouse were separated from the breakout cable.

Cheers
    SID-6581

In the test program, the mouse (Port1) was recognized without errors when the TC64V1 was connected to the dockingstation v2.

The error persisted in GEOS even when the TC64V1 was disconnected to the dockingstation v2

That means there is an error in the GEOS setup - i can't help with that :) I vaguely remember there is some Keyboard shortcut that opens a Dialog that allows to select the Input driver, but i forgot what it is (sorry).

I would like to add that one after the other two Amiga mice connected to port 1 of the dockingstation V2 resulted in the TC64V1 not wanting to start up at all. Even if the keyboard and mouse were separated from the breakout cable.

I am not sure i understand what you are saying. The C64 core checks if any Keys are being held down at startup and pauses after the bootloader if so. A connected Amiga Mouse could very well cause the same problem - thats just how it works.

• I am not sure i understand what you are saying. The C64 core checks if any Keys are being held down at startup and pauses after the bootloader if so. A connected Amiga Mouse could very well cause the same problem - thats just how it works.

No key is helt down. Just connected an amiga mouse to port 1 of dockingstation v2 and turned the power on. TC64V1 wont start. You just see a black screen with the vga debug overlay. Disconnected the mouse and TC64V1 runs fine. Tried it with two amiga mice. PS/2 mouse was disconnected from breakout cable.

No key is helt down.

Yes, but the joystick port shares I/O lines with the keyboard, and the amiga mouse "pulls" certain lines even if you do not move it, so the effect is the same. Try moving the mouse around, it might make it continue to boot (but perhaps the menu will be unusable for the same reason). The same will happen on a real C64, you'll see seemingly random "keypresses" and/or unusable keys.

• As said, it might help, doesnt have to - The solution is to disconnect the mouse. Even if it did continue to boot, it would certainly misbehave in the menu and/or the programs you want to run.

• So should I only connect the mouse after the TC64 has started up so that I can use it under GEOS? Or can a mouse on the docking station not be used? I didn't really figure out the last few answers.

• I dont know if an Amiga mouse can be used in GEOS at all (It can be used in some C64 programs, but i dont know if GEOS supports it). Generally you should only connect it once the program that supports it is running, and disconnect it when you are doing whatever else.

• So neither the dockingstation nor the TC64 could be damaged if the joystick or the mouse are connected or removed while the system is running?

And does this also apply to a real C64? I always thought that the connection or the removal of plug connections should only be made when devices are switched off.

So neither the dockingstation nor the TC64 could be damaged if the joystick or the mouse are connected or removed while the system is running?

correct - as long as the devices have the right connector (fully plastic, no metal shell).

And does this also apply to a real C64? I always thought that the connection or the removal of plug connections should only be made when devices are switched off.

on a real c64 you may want to not do this, simple because CIAs and SIDs are 30 years old and might break easily. It "should" be no problem, as long as you dont accidently cause a short with some metal shield (see above).

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.