Chameleon VIC20 core

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.
Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • When you start the VIC20 core I get "BASIC.ROM NOT FOUND" same for the rest of the list. But it works fine when I click on 1,2,3 or 4 and I get the "VIC20 CBM BASIC V2 screen".

For the VIC20 core to work do you have to put in the "NOT FOUND" rooms into the root/CHAM20 directory?

How would you load and run a game?

For the VIC20 core to work do you have to put in the "NOT FOUND" rooms into the root/CHAM20 directory?

no, the default roms are provided in the rom-vic20.bin - please refer to the readme in the .zip

How would you load and run a game?

again, please refer to the readme in the zip. currently the only practical way is to provide a megacart ROM image.

• So I updated to the latest VIC 20 core in order to be in line with the new video modes that came late last year with one of the Chameleon firmwares. 9J I think it was. I see that the Vic 20 core is locked at 800x600@72Hz? Is it possible to implement it so this can be changed to 640x480@50Hz or 768x576@50Hz as these gives the best picture quality for me?

Not a big deal. But I just wondered if this was easy to implement. Or maybe it's there and I missed it?

• No not so easy as the VIC 20 core doesn't have a menu system like the C64 main core has. So most of the settings are set static during the compilation of the core and can't be changed by software.

• No not so easy as the VIC 20 core doesn't have a menu system like the C64 main core has. So most of the settings are set static during the compilation of the core and can't be changed by software.

Thanks for the answer. Not a big deal as 800x600@72Hz is 'good enough' for VIC20 use