Catweasel Linux

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi There

I was wondering if the Catweasel was usable under Linux? I know floppy support has been removed from many distros but if I am happy re-compiling the mainline kernel can the Catweasel be used?

Thanks

HK135

• To my knowledge, Catweasel drivers were included in the kernel some time in 1998 or 1999. This is not specifically "floppy", but it's a plain block driver, which can be combined with just about any file system that Linux supports - including FAT and Amiga OFS/FFS. See the Wiki page for the Catweasel - it contains links to Linux stuff as well.

• No, there never were catweasel drivers in the mainline kernel.

I stand corrected - it was probably just the release of the drivers in 1998 that generated lots of sales that were really surprising to me until a customer wrote to me that he only learned about the Catweasel because he saw that Linux drivers were available.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.