ACA1221 maprom kickstart 3.1 red screen

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I have aca1221 with license for maprom function.

I try to load kickstart 3.1 with maprom function but i see a red screeen flash.

The rom work in emulator winuae and the rom 1.3 or 2.0 work with maprom.

Can you help me?

• Red screen normally means that some checksum in the Kickstart is not correct.

I have a hard time believing that the memory chips are at fault, as in all the years we've been making accelerators, not a single memory chip has gone defective. I'd look for the error in the Kick3.1 file - is that *exactly* 524288 bytes?

• i have solved with aca1221 red screen after maprom kickstart 3.1

i have copyed acamaprom and rom kickstart 3.1 into ram:

after i have execute the command from ram:

after with 3.1 kickstart for loading workbench from CF i have removed jumper

from ide adapter (it's like cutting red pin 1 in the cable)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.