Firmware 1.6 bug

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • After flashing 1.6 firmware and new app, IndivisionAGAmk3 can't read my monitor data. Error reads: "Could not read Display Information."

After trying 1.5 version of application it worked with 1.6 firmware So, bug is in the app itself, not firmware.

• This is difficult to explain.

How many modes did the tool report to have added with version 1.5?

Could you invoke the config tool from the command line like this:

# IndivisionAGAmk3 saveedid myedid

and post the file myedid here?

• There was certainly some kind of change between 1.5 and 1.6. This is with 1.5:

And this with 1.6:

So now the horizontal frequency matches the 67.5 kHz listed in the monitor's manual and it's also exactly 60 Hz vertical rather than 60.0228.

(By the way, I wouldn't mind having the pixel clock in kHz rather than Hz to get rid of some zeros.)

• So now the horizontal frequency matches the 67.5 kHz listed in the monitor's manual and it's also exactly 60 Hz vertical rather than 60.0228.

I remember you had trouble getting the picture to display - did that improve with the new tool? Please do NOT answer in this thread, but in the one where you reported the problem with your Dell monitor. In this thread, we're waiting for the file that sadzak exports. We shouldn't mix support cases like this.

• Sorry for the delay but I was away from home. Anyway, please find attached MYEDID file from 1.6 version. It shows my EDID reads from earlier versions which I have tested again now. Please see below list of IndivisionAGAmk3 and number of modeds reported:

1.3 - 3

1.4 - 2

1.5 - 2

1.6 - 0 (error)

Monitor is Fujitsu Siemens

• Thank you. :-)

I don't get it, this EDID produces two modes for me.

Please test with the attached version 1.6.1 of the config tool. After selecting 'Settings/Restore to Defaults' and 'Settings/Re-Read Monitor Display Data...', how many new modes are reported?

This version of the config tool is not for general use; it produces a lot of debug output. The output can be recorded on a serial interface or using a tool like Sashimi. If you still get an error, perhaps you can try to record the debug output and post it here.

IndivisionAGAmk3-1.6.1.lha

• Thank you. :-)

I don't get it, this EDID produces two modes for me.

Please test with the attached version 1.6.1 of the config tool. After selecting 'Settings/Restore to Defaults' and 'Settings/Re-Read Monitor Display Data...', how many new modes are reported?

This version of the config tool is not for general use; it produces a lot of debug output. The output can be recorded on a serial interface or using a tool like Sashimi. If you still get an error, perhaps you can try to record the debug output and post it here.

IndivisionAGAmk3-1.6.1.lha

Hi. I did not try debug version yet. However, I have tried Settings/Restore to defaults. After this, application did read two EDID configs. I will compare them to the ones I already use.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.