CDTV Remote Control

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I think espskog's idea is good. I'd prefer an up button instead of autofire every day of the week. However I think the idea to have a y/n option on the CDTV controller would be even better. Now ofcourse I dont have the slightest idea how hard this would be to incorporate, but how about an option to change between different configurations for the controller? just an idea.

Kind regards

Vrilya

• When you want to press keys that you cant press using the remote - yes, of course you need a keyboard :)

Here is a strange thing which probably has a very good explanation :-) So, the button 5 is F5 according to the manual page62, but on my TC it acts as "Mount D64 image" if i press it in the menus. SO -- I am wondering, does the buttons have different functions depending on whether you are "in a game" or "in the menus" ? If so -- it would be super with an updated button-table in the manual.

• I was trying to find out what the original decision of using "+" and "-" keys for the volume keys was geared for. It appears like the decision dates back to November 2010, but I cannot find a mention of a use case for the volume keys.

The main reason why I am looking for such a use case is that I'd like to avoid too many people coming back after we've made the change, screaming "but killer app XY is not working with Remote any more!".

So - please help to find out if this is just an undocumented, open point on our todo-list, and if the Volume keys on the CDTV remote are really "essentially un-assigned" because we're still in beta state.

• I was trying to find out what the original decision of using "+" and "-" keys for the volume keys was geared for. It appears like the decision dates back to November 2010, but I cannot find a mention of a use case for the volume keys.

The main reason why I am looking for such a use case is that I'd like to avoid too many people coming back after we've made the change, screaming "but killer app XY is not working with Remote any more!".

So - please help to find out if this is just an undocumented, open point on our todo-list, or if the Volume keys on the CDTV remote are really "essentially un-assigned" because we're still in beta state.

Understandable :) I will shout out at the FB group. It's 200+ members already so I am sure that if the +/- keys has a use for someone, they will tell there. I'll get back to you ASAP.

So, the button 5 is F5 according to the manual page62, but on my TC it acts as "Mount D64 image" if i press it in the menus.

It doesnt do that here - does it happen also in standalone mode (and without a docking station)? It might be another bug (so no, It should work the same everywhere. The software cant even "know" if the input comes from the remote or a keyboard)

• You can still use RETURN or SPACE to do that - the whole menu system was designed to work only with Joystick (or cursor keys+return for that matter).

Yep, i just found out that SPACE did the same. But "5" is hotkey, but with space I have to go thru the menu :) Not a big issue for me, but I am happy that the 5-key works as mount directly :)

So - please help to find out if this is just an undocumented, open point on our todo-list, and if the Volume keys on the CDTV remote are really "essentially un-assigned" because we're still in beta state.

Jens : I just found out that the vol up/down on the remote is used in the SID player on the TC to skip tunes inside the SID. But, apart from that --- we have head nothing from anyone at the FB Group who has any recollection using these. So --- hope this helps :-)

/Espen

• Sounds like a simple addition to the SID player to also use Y as "skip forward" and "N" for "skip back".

Yeup :) Just add the sidplayer the ability to skip songs if you press y/n in addition to +/-. The original +/- is good and natural for ps2 keyb users to have maybe.

• Peter has implemented the Y/N now, and i patched the sidplayer :) Once the CIA problems (most visible with the vic20 core) are solved i'll post a test core

NICE :) Did he also change the autofire to "UP" ? Maybe there could be a menu-option to toggle that buttons functionality between JOY-UP and AUTOFIRE ?

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.