AGA Mk2cr on new Acer Predaor X27

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi again

I have just bought a Acer Predator X27 and for the life of me, I cannot get the Amiga A1200 with Indivision AGA Mk2cr to be recognised. Is there a mode that can be set in the Indivison Prefs that any monitor can see? I have installed the Indivision cores and placed the Icon in Prefs so the screen modes come up but nothing seems to work on this monitor. I think it is because this monitor has 60hz vertical as it's minimum refresh rate but even if I set the screen mode to 60hz or above nothing shows on the monitor, just No Signal. It still works on the old monitor so I know the Amiga and the scan doubler still work.

Thanks in advance for any help you can find me!

Sad Nation

• In Indivision AGA MK2 Preferences V1.5

Using HD720 Interlace, VGA 1280x800 @ 60Hz the right hand panel reads as follows:

Amiga - HD720 Interlace
    VGA - 1280x800 60Hz

Clock - 82.669

H-Freq 49.207 V-Freq 59.428

Pixels 1280 Lines 800

H-Offset 0 V Offset 0

Width 1280 Height 721

Double S-Hires off

Output VGA & DVI

V-Sync off G grayed out

I don't know if that helps or not but feel welcome to point me in the right direction!

Sad Nation

• Your flicker fixer has two outputs, one classic VGA and the newer DVI. These are united in the same connector, called DVI-I (where the "I" stands for "integrated" for obvious reasons).

I can see that both VGA (=analogue) and DVI (=digital) output signals are switched on in your config. However, I don't know what input signals your monitors use: You wrote that your old monitor still works, but your new monitor doesn't. What type of connection do you use for each of them?

I'm currently guessing that either the cable or the output stage of the flicker fixer has a partial damage, so either analogue or digital signals don't reach the connector. However, before we can follow this guess, I need to know what type of connection you use for the working and for the non-working monitor.

• Hi Jens

I use the same HDMI cable for both. I change the settings on the old monitor to one I think the new one might see and then swap the cable across to the new one. No signal every single time so far no matter what settings I try to use. Perhaps there is a newer version of HDMI in the new monitor that is incompatible with the signal.

New - Acer Predator X27

Old - Dell P2715Q

• Perhaps there is a newer version of HDMI in the new monitor that is incompatible with the signal.

Indivision AGA MK2 outputs DVI, not HDMI. Many HDMI devices are capable of displaying DVI signals, but some may be tied to HDCP, which is not output by Indivision AGA MK2.

However, you might want to check the manual of your new monitor; it may be as simple as pressing the "source" button.

• The old monitor has HDMI 1.4 and the new one HDMI 2.0 and may have HDCP. Everything else I have tried on the new monitor works including a PS3, Pi4, Acorn Electron via OSSC and a Spectrum 48k via ZX HD HDMI adaptor. The Amiga seems to be outputting a non standard signal that can't be recognised by the monitor. I'll try a basic Workbench tonight just using the Workbench 3.1.4 floppy disk to see if that is picked up by the monitor as nothing non-standard will be loaded on that.

• I'll try a basic Workbench tonight just using the Workbench 3.1.4 floppy disk to see if that is picked up by the monitor as nothing non-standard will be loaded on that.

That will not make substantial changes - you need to check what type of output is set with the Indivisino AGA MK2 config tool for the screenmode you're attempting to display (most likely PAL or NTSC, right?).

• Is there any way of resetting the AGA MK2 back to default settings?

Re-install the software (run the small install-shell-script), then launch the config tool and choose "reflash all" from the drop-down menu (press and hold right mouse button to open drop-down menus).

• Update:

I reinstalled the software as advised but still no nearer getting a signal to the new monitor.

Weirdly when I tried running a game, Cannon Fodder CD32 from WHDLoad, on my old monitor I thought I would try plugging it into the new one and I could play the game on the new monitor so it can see the Amiga after all! However, after a reboot to Workbench it still had No Signal.

Off to see what screen mode Cannon Fodder runs in!

• That will most likely be PAL or NTSC, depending on the version you lauch. However, Indivision AGA MK2 will always convert that to an output mode that is set with the config tool - for the standard config, that's 1280x1024 for almost all screen modes (that's the panel size I have used to adjust the defaults).

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.