Turbo Chameleon 1: Core 9i beta

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hoi Paul,

Tobias is on holiday at the moment. I can say the answer is yes, there is still work being done on the Chameleon firmware. Hard to predict a exact release date for the update. but is "soon-ish" a valid date?. Corona has been (and still is) messing with our development planning, projects are shifted around often to deal with delays on shipments etc.

Can't promise a date for 1.0 either, making a perfect emulator is playing the long game.

• I haven't fully analyzed the complete change-log yet (will do that when we prepare the actual release), but what I can see in a quick glance in the list, is a fix for ANE/LAX illegal opcodes, REU timing fixes, some minor cartridge emulation fixes, a bunch of VIC-II fixes related to dma-delay. And the major change will be the new SID emulation code that has been developed that should offer better combined waveforms and emulates various quirks of the envelope generators correctly.

• 1.0 will mark the time when we can say it is 100% compatible (not a single failing test) in cartridge mode... we are coming closer to this, but also every small step is getting harder.

As for an update.... yeah, well. Like Peter said - its hard to tell. You can be sure though that we are well aware of the fact that an update is long overdue - and we are pushing as hard as we can.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.