RTC module on ACA1221 / ACA500plus

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi.

I have just tried to install my new RTC module. But the system won't recognize the module?

I have tried to connect the module to both the ACA1221 and the ACA500plus and making sure the direction is right ( I found at thread on this forum about the orientation on the ACA500plus). I have mounted the battery too.

I have tried the set clock reset command with no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

• Dont mean to hijack this thread but I have an ACA 500+ and am unable to get the clock port on the ACA500+ working. I have tried two different RTC mods that work on my A600 but not on this. I did have a minor issue when I pluged in the IC RTC and then pulled it out the whole pin header thing came out. I plugged it back in. does it need to be soldered in?

Got it back in the fall of 2019 but never got around to using the RTC.

Is there any way to test the board using the CLI or something?

Thanks for your thougths.

• I did have a minor issue when I pluged in the IC RTC and then pulled it out the whole pin header thing came out. I plugged it back in. does it need to be soldered in?

It's not soldered in, just plugged into the bottom-entry header.

Is there any way to test the board using the CLI or something?

First of all, please disable the automatic recognition of RTC location and set it to the ACA500plus clock port in the global menu. Then set RTC to "global" in each profile that you want to have an RTC.

If the RTC is in an "unlucky" state, then the old Setclock command from WB1.3 will be able to do a soft-reset of the chip with "setclock reset".

The red RTC module you show here appears to not have one GND pin soldered in (it looks like it's completely missing). While this may work on some computers (and should also work on the ACA500plus if the chip os OK), it will fail on the A512 and successors: That product *requires* both GND pins to be connected for automatic recognition of the module. The module looks like it's a hobby-thing, as the glare on the solder spots indicates leaded solder (i.e. illegal in Europe). So if you've made it yourself, just make sure to use the full 22pins "for good measure".

• Thanks for the notes. Yes the Red one is a non-professional version but it was the only other one I had to test. The one I purchased from you will be used as the main RCT.

I will made your suggested adjustments and report back.

Thanks for all the great hardware!

• EDIT: !
    Hey !! IM COMPLETELY SORRY ! I WAS WRONG !!8|8|8|8|

I can't believe where I saw no pin headers because verily verily they were there when I looked now !!
    Total brain meltdown.

Though see PM for another thing !

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.