Posts by lucadip

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Why? These files usually never need replacing, which is why we are clearly writing to NOT use that archive unless you are asked to do so by our tech staff or me.

Jens In my opinion, you should reformulate the following sentence in the wiki section "Menu Update":

The newest version will break the old OS installer, so it's strongly recommended to also update the OS installer, to at least version 1.5 (see below).

You probably mean, users must update the "aca500+installer", but it looks like you want users to update the "OS installer" at the end of the page.

Disabling the ACA1234 firmware stops the crazy error messages and invalid instruction stuff

OK, that is something we can investigate. However, a better explanation would help:

FYI, I luckily can't confirm those symptoms on my setup (A1200, ACA1234, plain OS3.1). I have activated all the features on the ACA1234 and could play the WHDLoad installs of Agony, Supremacy and Unreal without any hassle (Supremacy still plays nice nowadays, the other two, well...).

The problems described from ljmarent seem to depend either on the combination with the ACA500+ or on a software conflict, not on the features "per se"?

After reading this thread, I start to suspect that my ACA1234 is affected from the same problem as well.

I've posted on the german a1k forum a test about the ACA1234, and was asked to measure the time required to load "Beneath a Steel Sky" for CD32 with "PRELOAD" set. That causes a large amount of data (>90GB, if memory serves me right) to be loaded in RAM before starting the game.

But I couldn't measure anything, since after a while my 1200 hangs and the available memory displayed turns into something strange...

This happens only when the 1234 is mounted. The Blizzard 1230-IV mounted on the very same 1200 (with CA-PSU) runs the game flawlessly. I've repeated the test many times, and could always reproduce the error.