Posts by tmulicz

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Hello!

I plan to build an A2000 (new PCB) and adding a Buddha IDE card is a logical step.

According to available intel, there are multiple revisions of the Buster chip with the first one 318075-01 being known for DMA problems.

I would like to know what the requirements of the Buddha card are in regard to this matter.

Does it also work with the -01 Buster revision (without the "tower" fix) or is a -02, -03 revision of the Buster IC mandatory.

Thank you,

Thomas

Hi Jens

Thank you very much for clear and quick response.

Just as a side note, my reasons for that question are much simpler ... I intend to build an A500+ from scratch with that new PCB sold by Bob and my scope is to buy only the chips I really need ... for example I will use an Indivision ECS V2 hence no need to buy a Denise chip.

BTW, the ACA500+ I bought last winter is working flawless on my classic A500.

Hello

Maybe a strange question...

Has anybody tried it before: since the ACA500+ already includes CPU and ROM's is it mandatory to also have the CPU and ROM chip populated in the Amiga 500 ?

Simply put, would an Amiga without CPU and Kickstart ROM boot if I use it with an ACA500+ ?

If nobody has tried or knows answer, I can test it myself by extracting those chips just didn't wanted to do it unless really necessary.

Thx.

Thomas