Posts by ccortner

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Awesome, thank you for the info. When I set the ACA500plus to desk distance to 13mm, I do indeed measure a distance in CAD of 7.7mm to the ACA1233n. However, I am consistently measuring 14mm from the bottom of the standoffs to the ACA500plus board. Perhaps the standoffs are too long or the plexiglass under the CF card a bit too thick? Do you think it would be better to compensate with 8.7mm to the 1233n or remove the standoffs and have the ACA500plus supported at 13mm? Granted the back end of the 1233n dropping 1mm is probably not a huge deal.

Hi,

I'm designing a 3D printed enclosure for these devices. Can you confirm the measurements I've come up with with my sub-par calipers? In particular I want to make sure the desk to aca1233n clearance is correct so that it is properly supported. I think it should be 8.85mm if I've measured everything correctly.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi,

I noticed this yesterday, I hadn't tried booting a profile using the 68000 since installing the aca1233n. Choosing any profile with the 68000 selected, even one with defaults set, results in the following screen and the code E0 displayed on the LED display. Note this happens even when no CF card or floppy is inserted.

https://imgur.com/a/kpnTLCU

Booting the same profile with aca1233n physically removed works fine. Additionally the system and aca1233n works great together when the 68030 is selected in the aca500 profile. Please help.

Regards,

Chris

Hi,

I have both of these and started playing around with them yesterday. I have a few questions on how they operate together

1) ROM mapping and VBR move:
    These functions are available from the aca500+ profiles and with acatool which configures the start sequence.. I prefer to use the profiles as its easier to switch the functions on and off at boot time. Is there any disadvantage to doing this vs startup-sequence?

2) Do you still need the aca1233n library when using acatool? If so, for what? The wiki says the acatool contains most of the library functionality. Do they conflict in anyway?

3) Does anything need to be done to enable the MMU?

4) What is the difference in aca500+ settings between the regular VBR move setting and the one with NMI

Thanks!