Posts by UpAllNight

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Well, I've been working on it over the weekend. Even with the old power supply. The ACA seems to be working for a while, then gets bored and gives up. I'm sometimes given a yellow screen, when it crashes and tries again.

I've tried it on a second 1200, and the same problem happens.

Amigakit haven't even bothered to respond to the email I sent.

As of this morning, I can't even get it to turn on correctly again. It's just giving me the blank screen again.

Thank for replying.

The modern PSU is one from Poland sold by the ebay seller electroware_pl.

After the 1200 sitting on my desk for more than 36 hours of not touching it, as I left it the other day. Nothing plugged in apart from the modern PSU, video, keyboard, gotek and the ACA1233n. I powered it up, and again nothing happened.

I did as you recommended, and changed to yet another PSU. (I had tried the PSU that came with the 1200 as well.) I dug out an old heavy 500 PSU. I powered up, and the 1200 started working. I didn't move the ACA1233n around or anything. I soft reset, and held the two mouse buttons down, and it sees the ACA1233n again.

So in the off chance I tried the modern PSU again, and it still worked.

I've had this before though where it'll work for a while, then stop, then work again. I guess I'll look into seeing if I can get someone to recap the 500 PSU.

I will do testing at the weekend.

Thank you.

(I've signed up to the forum now)

EDIT 1: I forgot to mention, I'm using Amiga OS 3.1.4.1, and have the 3.1.4 ROM chips installed in my 1200.

EDIT 2: I've removed the E123C and E125C caps this morning, and sadly the ACA1233n is still stopping my Amiga from showing a picture. Also, I've double checked my emails, I only bought this card new from AmigaKit back in November 2018. In that time, I've actually hardly used my Amiga 1200.

EDIT 3: I've sent an email to AmigaKit through their website. Since their system doesn't send an email back saying they've got the email, I'm making a note of it here.