Posts by SantiDarkG

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

pwsoft, I know, it will be difficult to catch. If you guys have any idea and want to compile a new firmware or something to try out, let me know. I am here to help.

On the other side, I dont know if you want to spend sometime finding this issue when nobody uses Toaster anymore. But I like what are you doing trying to implement Denise in the Indivision ECS V2.

Thanks again for the support and let me know if you need something to test.

:)

Hi Jens,

I did find a Indivision ECS v1 second hand and as you know, it uses the original Denise chip. Now Video Toaster syncs fines and I can have VGA and RGB 23 pins video output at the same time.

Once this setup was running and tested (I spent a lot of hours to be 100% sure), I put back my Indivision V2 and....... genlock error again.

Nobody uses VideoToasters anymore so, I dont think this is a big deal :) but, I was wondering what is missing from the original Denise chip that is not being used on the Indivision V2.

I attached a screenshot. There you can see the small monitor is the RGB 23 pins Amiga port and the 24 inch monitor is the Indivision ECS v1. So, yes, I can play with the Toaster and the original Indivision.

Just letting you know what I did find and trying to help.

thanks

Santi.

Hi,

Jens, do you have any idea which screenmode I need to promote or create to force the VideoToaster to work. I did one using 60hz 640x400 NTSC standard but still I got a Genlock Error when I try to run the Toaster software.

I did create a video here.

VideoToaster genlock error

Just wondering after all these years if you know the right settings. It is the last part of building my super Amiga computer. Once I have my Toaster running it will be a dream done after 30 years waiting :).

Thanks for your help, as always.

regards

Jens, I found the problem.

Installing ModePRO to force screenshots in RTG mode. Removing ModePRO from WBStartup will allow WHLoad to play games again.

arrghhh it took me a few days to find out this issue.

I hope it helps. Thanks for your help and is awesome having Indivision ECS and Vampire working together.

Jens, sorry I didnt reply sooner. I did remove my A4000 toaster and same issue.

So, tired removing hardware here and there I did run an fresh copy of CoffinOS and it works on

both sides, Invidision for OCS and ECS displays and Vampire for RTG.

I will start again installing drivers etc and I will update this thread once I find the issue.

One thing I found is...... you have to activate the Toaster's Genlock and once you do that, it will be there running always. So, when you boot your Amiga for the first time, it is not activated. At least with my settings.

Another thing is. DCTV and RGB adapter dont like to live with a Toaster installed when it is running.

I guess because DCTV is takign the power from RGB 23 pins connector and Toaster is taking some kind of power from there too (A2000 video Slot is very close to the RGB 23 pins). I am not sure 100% but, they are fighting. I love my DCTV but I have to take it out for now.

Thanks again for your help and I will try to find this problem ;)

Hi Jens,

Thanks for your answer. Yes, you are right, Indivision ECS v2 works perfectly. I went back and installed the original Denise chip and the same error :(. I wanted to be 100% sure.

In WinUAE, running CoffinOS I can launch any game using iGame.

My Amiga 2500 has a Vampire with RTG, VideoToaster A4000, Indivision ECS v2, Indivision 2 Mb chip, Vlab Motion, Toccata, AD512 sound card, Ariadne, Personal Animation Recorder, TBC IV.

I didnt change anything in the tooltypes or WHDloadprefs.

So, yes, this is more a software issue. I will try tonight again.

If somebody has any idea to help me out :)

thanks again.