Posts by SID-6581

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Good work, Alastair, with this mouse3-core Logitech-mouse responds and works normally :)

Thanks Alastair, my Fujitsu PS/2 mouse also now works with this patch.

Your idea of being able to save the settings makes a lot of sense, because in the long run it is annoying to reconfigure every time.

The white borders also seem too large to me. Is there a way to reduce them or switch them off completely?

It is encouraging that HDD support is planned.

Otherwise, the AtariST Core is doing very well for me, even the in 2021
    published "Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge Enhanced for Atari STE".
    http://www.indieretronews.com/…-challenge-ste-retro.html

Thanks for your good work, Alastair. :)

I see, will have to get another SDXC card for testing, the one i have does work as far as i can see *shrug*

Maybe this is just due to the size of 64 GB of the SD card and not the type. I only have one 64 GB card. How big is your SDXC?

I had already tried different block sizes when formatting and found that block sizes that were too small lead to errors when reading. I end up using 32 kb or 64 kb blocks. But even with the 64 kb blocks I kept getting the error that no SD could be found in the C64 Core. Sometimes the mistake came sooner, sometimes later.

By "loading other stuff" i ment using the Chameleon Menu of course - other cores will work totally different :)

While the MinimigAGACore ran well (without autobooting) on the SanDisk Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-I 64 GB card, this was not the case with the C64 Core. After starting you could see and start the C64 files in the browser, but if you had started a program, went back to the menu and wanted to start another, the file browser showed that there was no SD card.

The 64GB card is no longer used for the TC64V1. Yesterday my new blue SanDisk SDHC class 4 32GB card arrived. With that, autoboting also works again. :-)

Yes i have the same on the 64GB card as on the 32GB card. The 64GB card boots into the C64 menue. Pressing "C" for Slot 2 loads the minimig core and the 4 HDD-Files under AmigaOS 3.2. All files are ok, only the autoboot do not work.

...My solution is to put everything back to the 32 GB card. I have had very good experiences with the blue SanDisk SDHC class 4 32GB. ;-)

I now have another problem with the autobooting. While the above script autoboots excellently into the Minimig AGA Core on my 32 GB SD card, the boot.prg on my 64 GB SD card is ignored. Why?

The 64GB card manually boots perfectly into the Minimig AGA Core and loads my 4 HDD files under AmigaOS 3.2.

Kind Regards

SID-6581

Like this?

For 16 Bit: 800 * 600 / 1024 * 2 = 0,9375 MB

For 24 Bit: 800 * 600 / 1024 * 3 = 1,40625 MB

For 32 Bit: 800 * 600 / 1024 * 4 = 1,875 MB

Result: 2 MB VIDEOMEMORY should be enough when using a resolution of 800x600. Since we all love screendragging, we need 2 MB extra VIDEOMEMORY, so after all 4MB VIDEOMEMORY should be used.

4 meg is the default, and I don't imagine you'd need more than that.

It's more likely that you might want to reduce it, to 2 or 3, so that you have more system memory available for the applications you're running.

Thanks for the information. I use the screen mode "Minimig: 800x600 16 Bit" on my TC64V1 and under amiberry on my RPi 4 the screen mode "UAE: 800x600 32 Bit BGRA". How much MB of graphics memory would I need for each?

4 meg is the default, and you'll need that much if you want to use screen dragging with 1024x768 16-bit screens. I'd leave it there unless you find yourself needing a bit of extra free memory for whatever software you're using.

The minimig-monitor driver always sets 4MB as standard so that the variable "VIDEOMEMORY" must only be set when you want to have more than 4MB graphics card storage? Have I understood that correctly?

I'm more or less resigned to the fact that if I want a keyboard which has everything I want (ISO, curved ergo layout, tactile switches with minimal pretravel) I'm going to have to build it myself!

Obviously you already have very specific ideas, that's good. If you are still of the opinion that your idea is so good that others would buy such a keyboard, you have two options:

1. Get in touch with keyboard manufacturers and see if they are enthusiastic about your idea. Typically, a keyboard manufacturer should be interested in new ideas.

or

2. Really produce such a keyboard yourself; maybe in a Kickstarter project.

It's nice to see a mech keyboard that isn't an ANSI layout. I have an ergo keyboard in ANSI format and while it's OK, it's taught me not to compromise on layout - all my keyboards from now on will be ISO!

It was not that easy to find a mechanical keyboard that was PS/2 compatible. During my research I only found the SteelSeries 6Gv2 and the Cherry G80-3000. Both keyboards can also be operated via the USB port. I use the Cherry G80-3000 keyboard on my RPi4 to have no longer stutters in DOS games under RetroPie.

Great Alastair,
    after copying the file "minimig.card" from the MinimigUtilities diskette to "SYS:libs/picasso96/", "Beneath a Steel Sky" runs correctly with the driver Picasso96 V3.12.

I also entered VIDEOMEMORY=4 in the tooltypes of the Minimig monitor driver. However, the error has also been corrected without this setting. How many megabytes of video memory do you think is optimal?

Thanks
    SID-6581

Thank you for your quick feedback!
    But no, that didn't really improved the picture. ;-)

Cheers

SID-6581

PS: I use the mechanical keyboard SteelSeries 6Gv2, the joystick VS-7000, the Logitech Z533 2.1 sound system on my TC64V1 and can highly recommend this products to you. Alternatively, the Cherry G80-3000 mechanical keyboard is also ideal.

MinimigAGA_TC64V1_20210726 with AmigaOS 3.2 + RTG with Picasso96 V3.1.2. The files "Minimig", "PAL" and "NTSC" are located in the folder "Devs / Monitors".

Hello, while browsing through my WHDLoad collection I noticed that many games are displayed properly, such as Amberstar here

others, such as Beneath a Steel Sky, have a split screen.

"Beneath a Steel Sky" runs flawlessly on my Amiga 1200 with Indivision and on the RPi4 with amiberry + RTG with Picasso96 V3.1.2.

Where is the mistake?

Cheers

SID-6581

Hello Alastair,
    after I edited my startup-sequence according to your instructions, "loadmodule list" outputs this:

ATAPIismajik atapimagic 47.1 (14.12.2019)

What the first entry "ATAPIismajik" means is not clear to me.

All four hard files are integrated as a "disk image". After starting the HDToolbox, I was informed that there would be new HDDs. I then saved the hard drives that had "changed". After a restart, all four hard drives are now available. Thank you!!! :-)

So I have now tried various changes in my startup-sequence in the integration with AtapiMagic. The hard disk files that are integrated as master and slave on the secondary IDE were never displayed on the workbench. Couldn't that indicate a bug in the MinimigAGACore?