Posts by SID-6581

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Thanks for releasing driver version 3.3.0.

After I installed the drivers under amiberry 5.1 on my Raspberry Pi 4, as always,

I was amazed to get this error message after a reboot:

This selection screen is new to the installation:

I didn't select either of these the first time as I had previously selected the Picasso IV driver.

Under Devs/Monitors I then renamed the driver to uaegfx and set "BOARDTYPE=uaegfx" in the properties.

While the first time I updated an existing version, the second time I did a clean install after previously uninstalling

the existing driver. The error was the same.

The third time I selected "Retina" in the selection screen and then renamed the Retina driver to uaegfx etc., but had

no success.

Before each attempt, I uploaded a backup copy of my HDF file. I used AmigaOS 3.2.1.

There were no problems with the Picasso driver version 3.2.4. From this version I had also tried the updates.

Cheers

SID-6581

Hello Alastair,

thanks for the new MinimigAGACore version 2022-02-25.

You write in the release notes
    "Added optional sync inversion for scandouble PAL/NTSC (can give a better picture on some monitors.)

To enable, hold F5 during boot for scandoubled sync-inverted NTSC, or F6 for scandoubled sync-inverted PAL."

For my understanding, I ask whether you have implemented the scandoubler function that we talked about earlier in this article?

Cheers

SID-6581

Dear Icomp-Team,

since this MIST-VIC-20 core is very useful, I would be happy if you would pin this thread

in this forum as well as the other cores that Alastair kindly ported for the TC64.

Perhaps it would be useful to rename the title of the article from "Another VIC20 core!"

to "MIST-VIC-20 Core for the TC64" or similar.

Kind Regards
    SID-6581

I tried to install JiffyDOS today. While the bin file for the VIC-20 Core just has to be renamed to KERNAL.ROM and placed in the "cham20" folder on the SD card, I was unable to install JiffyDOS for the 1541. I therefore ask how the ROMfile for the 1541 has to be named so that it can be loaded by the VIC-20 core when it boots.

I want to use Jiffy-DOS for the MIST-VIC-20 Core .

To do this, I have to convert my "JiffyDOS_VIC-20_6.01_NTSC.bin" file to "KERNAL.ROM" and put it in the

"cham20" folder on my SD card. I have to do the same for the 1541 floppy.

There are 2 questions for me:

1. How do I convert a bin-file to a rom-file for the VIC-20?

2. Does the file for the 1541 have to be called "DRIVE.ROM" after the conversion? On the C64-Core I have "DRIVE1.ROM" and "DRIVE2.ROM".

Cheers

SID-6581

A slightly-belated Christmas gift for Megacart fans:

Support for the Megacart ROM, and also for NVRAM files.

Have fun!

http://retroramblings.net/?page_id=1765

Hello Alastair,

I am currently testing the new VIC-20 Mist Core "VIC20_TC64v1_20211231".

First of all, I would like to thank you very much that you managed to implement the Megacart so wonderfully.

So far I haven't noticed any problems here.

Since I had to try something out myself to get "Realms of Quest 5" to work with 32 KB, I would like to give a short guide.

1. In order for the Megacart.rom to be autoloaded, it must be on the SD card in the "CHAM20" folder.

In order to start "Realms of Quest 5" from here, open the menu with F12. Here you deactivate the Megacart under the item

"Megacart" with "Megacart: Off" and then you automatically get to the standard VIC-20 screen.

2. Again in the menu activate the options " Cartridge: RAM" and "8K + RAM Cartdridge: 24K " under "Memory configuration"

and then do a reset with" Reset with cart unload ".

3. Again in the menu select the first .d64 file from "Realms of Quest 5" with "Mount Disk". Then enter the following commands:

Load "Boot", 8,1
    Run

Voila!

You did a very good job here Alastair! Thank you very much!

Cheers
    SID-6581

P.S .: It would be nice if we could save our VIC-20 settings in a config-file. D81-support for ROQ5 would be great too. ;-)