Posts by jdryyz

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Just wanted to point out that the GBA-PII++ cards are now officially supported in P96 3.4.1.

I installed it recently and it works great. The card is now seen properly in the P96Prefs program.

Sigh. I just learned this news.

I should have purchased the adapter when I got the X-Surf!

Any possibility of a replacement controller chip in the future? It is encouraging to hear about other project designers being able to make changes to accommodate the chip shortages, even though this usually means an increase in cost.

WOW! That was fast!

As soon as I read that shipping to U.S. was available again, I placed my order.

It arrived THREE days later! This is the fastest I have received anything from a European country before. My package obviously did not spend any time in customs or it was able to breeze through somehow.

Bravo on the new system, Jens!

EDIT: There will be onsite attendance this year, but you are right in that there will still be more people watching the stream!

Ahhh! Did not realize you would be virtual...or that the entire event will likely be the same. Somehow thought there would be more in person gathering this time around.

Sorry to hear about the UPS IT problem. I will continue to monitor the news and this thread.

Hi Jens.

Any update on the UPS shipping option outside of Europe?

I hear you will be attending Amiwest this year. Too bad I will not be able to be there. I do know others that will be going. I wonder if I could arrange for something to be ordered and picked up by an attendee?

I found v1.10 of the x-surf test program in the previous x-surf-100 driver archive.

All looks good with the card according to the test.

Maybe I will try an older driver package, one that still had the separate CPU versions.

I just installed an X-Surf-100 into my Amiga 2000 with GeForce 030 and 15MB RAM (1MB chip). OS is 3.1.4.1

I am using the latest RoadShow and latest x-surf-100 driver. Both the .device driver and X-Surf-100 NetInterface files are in the correct locations.

Machine GURUs on network start. The only thing I thought might cause trouble is the 030 cache. The wiki says these will not be active with the card in a Zorro II slot. I do not believe these are on by default with this accelerator. I also temporarily disabled kickstart mapped to Fast RAM. It did not help.

The card is visible in the early start menu board diagnostics. I also tried closing the jumper to force Zorro II mode.

Are there any ECS v2 owners here with a V Sync-capable LCD monitor that have seen improvement with reducing/eliminating screen tearing?

I am on the hunt for an inexpensive somewhat "gaming" 1920x1080 LCD that supports this but I am uncertain on the terminology.

Is a "Freesync" monitor the same?

There's a 2016 model from Dell ( SE2717HR) that looks like it might be a good fit.

After reinstalling my ECSv2, the very first thing I did was the firmware update. I Immediately saw the improvement. The output is almost a perfect match with the RGB (SCART to HDMI adapter connected). It is easy to do A/B comparisons.

I already had overscan adjustments in place before the ECS went back in as I like to expand my Workbench screen as much as possible. With the new firmware, I only had to adjust my horizontal overscan setting a tiny amount. The default image is still shifted a bit to the right but no longer being truncated. My monitor also seems to be better at keeping the image vertically centered now. I still have slight borders on top and bottom but I think I could learn to live with this. The horizontal centering is perfect. The left/right borders are exactly the same now.

I will post some images later.

Now if I can only figure out how to get a default NTSC High Res screen to look as good as PAL (it is currently being chopped off on the bottom). At this stage, I have no interest in mapping screenmodes to higher VGA resolutions since 800x600@72Hz looks pretty good. It is a tad on the soft side, though.

Sorry, Jens. I was certain I read that the RGB port would no longer work since the actual Denise chip is taken out of the loop with the v2. Glad to hear it!

Thanks for the info on the ghosting. Hope you are able to track down the source. :)

Ghosting here too with my HP E271i (1920x1080p) monitor.

I have to say, I was so discouraged by this and not having luck with the default screenmode that I actually removed the ECSv2. I also did not realize before purchasing it that the RGB port would no longer work. That's my fault for not researching it more.:|

Like others, I find the screenmode tool very confusing. I am glad to see software updates (as well as firmware) are coming in so I may want to give it another go.

I am curious about something. If it is found that source of the ghosting can be tied directly to the ECSv2's output signals, does that mean future FW updates can tweak these signals in such a way to eliminate it? When I hear about other monitors not showing the problem, that makes me think the monitor is just doing a better job of cleaning up the signal.