Posts by Mickoz

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I just installed an Indi MK3 and plugged in the new CA-PSU to test things out and found that nothing worked.

I backtracked and pulled out the Indi MK3 and tried again...not even a flicker of excitement. I did wait before cycling power.

I thought I'd blown my A1200. Tried the second CA-PSU that I bought, still no joy.

Plugged in my A1200/600 PSU, everything jumped into life....phew, I thought, thank you to the big imaginary friend in the sky.

I plugged the Indi back in and it too works with the older PSU.

Where do I start looking Jens? This is a little baffling.

I've just reshuffled my man cave and haven't set up my scope yet, but I'm guessing the CA-PSU thinks there's a fault and is keeping my A1200 safe.

LED on the CA-PSU does not appear to even flicker at power on on both CA-PSU's.

Thanks for any advice

Mick

Hello

Is there any way to connect an X-Surf (either 100 or 500) to an Amiga 1200 with an ACA1233n? Or is there a future product that may accomplish this?

Jens, please only respond if you are bored. This question can wait until your holiday is over :)

Thanks

Mick

That is the million dollar question. I think the author passed away and it has been taken up by a team that has continued his good work. But no significant updates have been done since 2004. I’ll reach out to them to see if they can update the package to better support 3.1.4

Hi Jens,

Probably a red herring. The warning disappears when starting without startup-sequence. Also good to note that I soft reset before checking this so unlikely to be memory resident too.

For the record, no A1200 accelerator, workbench 3.1.4.1 with the rom loaded into the aca500 rom slot.

Regards

Mick

Thanks Jens

I wasn't trying to diminish anything you are doing and for one am a supporter of all that you do in keeping our beloved machines running in peak condition. I guess for me, I'd be much happier using a design that was thought through by someone who has more experience in design, where my skills were and still are repair, not so much design.

Please don't take my comments as negative as they certainly were not intended that way.

I had not watched the video and was only looking at the presentation. The video makes things very clear and I think I would not have posted if I had seen that first.

Sign me up for a new PSU when you have them ready, and maybe a couple of ACA12xx's too.

Mick

Hi Jens,

My 2c worth. Have you considered providing PSU design details online, allowing us to fabricate our own? This will avoid the necessity to achieve certification. I guess it doesn't help you with your support model because you will never know if the builder used good components or built it right, but it would be a potential cost saver to an experience technician.

One other thing I have considered in the past is using a sense wire, but unless you design the hell out of the supply you run the risk of the supply trying to fill the bucket on a short circuit. You'd need to put some real smarts into fault detection, or have a hard- set current limit.

Mick

Hi Team,

Is there any way I can use extended ROM's on the ACA500? I'm hoping I can put the workbench.library back into rom using an extended ROM for Hyperions OS 3.1.4.

I'm not sure I can actually mash together a 1Mb ROM and have it work.

Regards

Mick

I can see there is a FPU PGA socket on the board but can see no mention of populating it with a FPU and I assume the the correct speed oscillator module.

Is there any documentation that describes how to add an FPU?

Thanks