Posts by Storm

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

With some soldering effort, you can remove the TV modulator and place the VGA or HDMI output there.

On another note, why keep the SCSI on the A1200? You might want to re-think your data storage approach, for example with a PCMCIA networking card and a NAS.

I have the same setup as you Paoloz, removing the modulator is the way to go. The external SCSI port is still nice to have to play with all the addon expansion storage devices etc, to complete the retro feel.

Hello all,

What other shops have the Buddha IDE 20th Anniversary Edition for sale at the moment? I know they are obviously sold here, but the shipping is way too expensive.

Hello,

Can someone post some pictures of the Indivision ECS V3, both sides, so I can see how well they will fit in my A500 and A600 with an A604n expansion?

They will be replacing the V2's that are currently in both machines that have been nothing but a painful experience.

I have an A2000 with a GVP 030 @ 40 MHZ, X-Surf 100 and Rapid Road with MUI 3.8 and Amiga OS 3.1.4.1 (Kickstart ROMS 3.1.4) and it all works fine. I'm wondering if it's the CPU libraries you are using. if any. I am using Thor's CPU libraries (the 030 library is a small one) on all my machines with no problems. The only other time I have had weird guru's or recoverable alerts is with bad RAM. Maybe do a RAM test just incase. Good luck with it!

I fully expected that if I did have a problem that the culprit would have been the power supply (due to not meeting Commodore specifications) and NOT the Indivision AGA MK3. I am surprised, probably as much as you, that I actually have a very stable A1200 that is used a lot, with the current setup.

I know all to well about voltage drop at work and we often have to do the calculations and install the next cable size up to overcome the problem.

All communications cabling is sheilded from induced emf and noise.

I never said that MeanWell PSUs are bad - they are just not suitable as external power supplies for the Amiga.

I know Jens, we just call them Meanbad at work (different models for building automation) as a joke, as we have had a few old ones crap out.

I have noticed that Meanwell have changed the specs on a few data sheets I looked at for the RT-50B. I'm assuming mine is the 'newer' version.

That's of course the worst thing you can do. Please read our power supply FAQ and fix that - you're putting the system in danger.

LOL, danger must be my middle name as my A1200 (rev 2.B) with a Blizzard 1260 and SCSI is using a Meanbad chassis powersupply (4A on the 5V rail) that I put together as my old Commodore brick that started to smell like a fish market. It worked with a mechanical hard drive before I changed to a CF card setup. I was a bit worried when I got the Indivision AGA MK3, but it ran for over a day straight with no problems, and still does so. I guess mileage can vary for people.

Yeah that works, but a hotkey without entering line edit would be great. As I said before, one bump of the mouse and 'whoop!' there goes your screen. No big deal as X in live edit does the trick, but just would be a nice feature to have a hotkey independent of live mode.

Pressing S does scale the picture down to actual pixels.

I have three modes setup:

1. 640x512 PAL HI for full screen games

2. 640x512 PAL LO for 3/4 screen games

3. 600x600 SuperPlus for workbench

Workbench is fine, no problems there. I have setup the two PAL modes for different game screen modes but I now realise that the MK3 can't switch between them as they 'appear' the same. Maybe a hotkey that switches between 'like' modes would be the answer on the MK3 (without entering live edit)?

I have to say that I'm pretty damn impressed with this incarnation of the Indivision, live edit is awesome. It's has also helped me set up my other two ECS MK2 Indivisions better from learning more about the config tool and how the screen modes react.

I have set up 640x512 PAL HI and 640x512 PAL LO.

Now I just need to know if there is a convenient way to switch between these similar modes or if it can be automatically done since both modes have 313 pixels per line.

At the moment I have to know what screen mode a certain game is and put that screen mode at the top of the list or enter live config and press X again (don't bump the mouse arrrgghh!)

Also posted on EAB:

I finally have received, installed and configured my AGA MK3 to my liking. I have used two profiles, one for Workbench and the other for games. The only configuration issue I am having is trying to get the 3/4 screen games stretched to take up the whole screen without upsetting the already setup full screen games. In both situations there is 313 pixels per line so I don't know how the config tool can tell the difference between the two modes. Either that or I'm more of a noob that I first thought lmao.

Agony - set up perfectly.

Defender of the Crown - would like to stretch vertically.

The only reasons I chose to put the PCB that way is:

A) the VGA cable is always the same around for when I switch Amigas, which I do a bit (I know OCD, right!),

B) I thought there would be a nice strong bond with the hot glue between the PCB and motherboard. Not pushing down too hard while gluing the surfaces means there should be enough insulation from the glue and lamination on the motherboard so that there would be no chance of the pins scratching through to the motherboard's ground plane.

C) I have a lot of faith that those electrons are pretty good, under normal circumstances, of staying where they belong ;)

Here are a few shots for you. My A1200 motherboard likes to lift up a little bit near the power connector so makes the port look uneven, when I press down on that corner, all looks good. Maybe a blob of hot glue will fix that too. At least with the output you can see no problems here so Jens and Tobias are spared another test bench situation lol ;)