Posts by turrican9

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Thanks for the suggestion I'll look into that. So booting Degrader prior to launching I game wouldn't work on my board revision?

I would say just try it. But if you set PAL globally in the whdload bootfile and save it you don't need to boot the degrader. Don't know if your talking about the program called degrader or if it's the bootdisk that simply switches the machine between PAL/NTSC which should be linked somewhere in this forum.

It would be easiest to force PAL globally in the whdload config file. 8375 NTSC cannot be switched to PAL via jumpers on the motherboard. ACA500/Plus can do it or via a tool booting from disk. That's why I suggest in your case to do it via whdload

So you cannot expand the horizontal width with your monitors settings or widen it with the monitors pixel clock adjustment?

Edit, just noticed you already have your adjustment at max horizontal width. How big are the black bars? You have a picture of your screen? It could be that your monitor is not switching to 720x576 but another resolution. You could try experimenting with the config tools pixel clock if this is the case. See if you can get it to switch to 720x576

It would be very nice with full TAP emulation for sure. Personally I find that the CRT images that has the TAP loading screen and music is very nostalgic for me and I find it much better than nothing.

With that said, I have a TheC64 (the emulator based remake of the C64) and that one has full TAP support. For me I only loaded a couple of TAP images out of nostalgia and after that I mostly used D64, D81 or CRTs because it's alot more convenient and faster. Just as back in the day I would rather use floppy disks than tape. Only in those cases I didn't have a particular game on floppy I would load the tape version.

But again, I would love to have the full tape emulation feature on my TC64s, even if I would probably end up not using this feature much.

In my experience my two TC64V2s can be quite picky about SD cards. I am using two different Sandisk Ultra SDHC 16GB cards that works well. But I've tried quite a few other SD cards that works in windows and SD2IEC but not working nicely on my TC64V2s. Some of them have trouble reading the directory without me re-inserting the card and some go corrupt after trying to write to them.

So it's a mystery.., My Aca500+ does not work with 2 old original Amiga psu, but works with a freshly new psu. I think people who have problems with this card should try with another power supply just in case. Anyway, problem solved on my side, and thank you all for your feedback!

Many of these original PSUs now has leaky caps. Especially the small caps. I always recap my original commodore PSUs. One of them caused noise in the picture and had this fish smell to it as it got hot. I recapped it and everything was okay again. Seen several with leaky caps. These are now over 30 years old.

Great news! Glad you got it working again! I know I love my ACA500. Have it paired with a fully unlocked ACA1221. Very nice setup. I also have the ACA500 plus. The plus is doing fine on it's own for whdload

Well, according to the documentation, J2 has these functions:

(8. says flashrom is not available when J2 is set. Do you have a jumper set at J2 currently?)

J2 switches off the majority of the ACA500 resources in order to create compatibility with software
    that normally does not like accelerators. When closed, the following changes are made:
    1. trapdoor space is not visiable at 0x40.0000
    2. fastmem is not available at 0x80.0000
    3. 0xc0.0000 will contain the actual trapdoor memory expansion (if available)
    4. 0xf8.0000 will only show the physical kickstart ROM, never Maprom area
    5. Maprom-mirror at 0xa8.0000 is not visible
    6. VBR move feature is not available
    7. IDE/CF cards, clockport and expansion ports are disabled
    8. any access to the flashrom is disabled, so flashing is impossible
    9. all IRQs from the CF/IDE conroller are disabled by hardware
    10. Reading ACA500 registers returns garbage, not the actual contents of the registers
    11. the ACA500 comes up in lock state 3, disabling all ACA500 register access

so I just bought this game. Comes with an easyflash crt image and a D64 image. D64 is working fine on my TC64V2. CRT image is not working. Just get a black screen after the intro splash screen. Using latest firmware.

I did test this CRT on my TheC64. And there it loaded fine

I will make two more images, using two different floppy disks. Convert them to ADF then upload the two new images again. I could also connect a Gotek to DF0 and write directly to the ADF.

Edit: Here you go. Both disks had been formatted and verified Okay by xcopy in the past. I again made them from the ACA500 menu (create recovery disk). Then again used ADF blitzer to make an ADF for each of them.

Files

• Recovery.7z

(814.21 kB, downloaded 73 times, last: )

Here you go. I made a Flash recovery disk using my original ACA500 then used ADF blitzer to make the ADF. Let me know if it works. These old disks can be unreliable sometimes.