Posts by turrican9

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

SDXC cards probably won't work - I haven't tested with those yet - and they certainly won't work while they're still ExFAT formatted. SDHC cards should be fine.

Your problem with the config file is probably at the filesystem level rather than the physical storage level - if you can send me an image of the card at some point (or perhaps the first megabyte or two of the card, so I can see its file tables) I may be able to see what's going on. Were there already a lot of files in the card's root before you tried to write the config file?

Good to know about the SDXC cards. No, there were not alot of files in the root of the card. However, if I remember correctly this might have been a used card I bought from ebay. But I did format it with FAT32. I could make an image of it with winimage, upload it to my google drive and pm you a link

Yes, it can be picky - and the code which creates config files isn't well tested. There are two different modes for HDF access - one assumes that the HDF contains a RigidDiskBlock just like a regular hard drive would, and the other mode creates a suitable RDB on the fly - it's possible that the second TC64 was using the wrong mode until you copied the config file from the other card.

I still cannot save to the config files I copied. do you know if an SD adapter with a micro SDHC card in it is compatible with the TC64 V2? And what about the SDXC cards?

Edit: So I took a look. The SD card that has issues writing the config file with the minimig core is a 16GB SanDisk Ultra rated at 30MB/sec. The one that writes the config file just fine is a SanDisk Ultra 16GB rated at 80MB/sec. So I could just order more of these. I would like to have some spare SD cards anyway.

btw, is the minimig core picky about SD cards? Because I have two TC64 V2s and they each have a 16GB Sandisk SD card. They are slightly different versions Sandisk cards. I flashed my other chameleon with the same stuff and put the hdf file on it's SD card. For some reason it cannot create the config files when I try to save from the minimig menu. And I couldn't load the hdf image properly. Just told me it couldn't find one of the partitions. Strange. SD card is making savegames (updating) D64 images just fine. I tried the card from the other TC64 and it worked just fine in this TC64.

Edit: I had to copy the config file from the other SD card. And now my hdf image works properly. I can even do savegames inside of whdload games. But still cannot save the config in the minimig menu to this sd card. It must be that it's being picky on this particular SD card. As I said, I tried the one from the other TC64 and it would save the config to that one. So no point reflashing the core I guess.

Thanks for the info! I will flash an A600 3.1 rom then! Support for real A500 keyboard in the future would be awesome! I will report if I find other whdload games that will work in my real Amiga whdload setups and not in the TC64 V2. Thanks again!

Tried the AGA core and kickstart 3.1 again. Managed to get into the minimig menu and changed the CPU to 020 Alpha. And now that setup works :) I even got my HD images to work. I had HD images from my real Amigas. They were 'vhd' files. I just renamed one of them to 'hdf' and put it in the root of the SD card. So now I'm whdloading on the TC64 V2 ;) I really like the scanlines in the minimig core. Looks good on my BenQ BL702A. Smooth scrolling and everything :)

I don't feel any difference between this and my real Amigas. I can hear a slight difference in the music in some games. And of course, since this is an FPGA based unit I feel no input lag compared to my real Amigas. Unlike software emulation which I find horrible with regards to input lag and jerky scrolling.

I haven't tried yet, but I think I read somewhere that a real A500 keyboard will not work yet if you plug it into the docking station? Using an old PS2 keyboard now. Works just fine.

Very, very nice setup :)

Happy I bought two TC64 V2s. One for C64 cartridge mode and one for standalone mode with the docking station ;)

Edit: A couple of whdload games that are working on my real whdload Amigas are not working with the TC64 V2 thus far. Like Super Deluxe Galaga and Super Off Road. Haven't really tried that many games yet, but most of the ones I've tried works on the TC64 V2.

At a guess, I'd say you probably have a ROM file that needs 68020, and the core defaults to 68000. Try opening the OSD with F12 (might be tricky while the machine's in a crash loop) and setting the CPU to '020. Or try a different ROM file.

I have been trying the two different A1200 roms. So maybe that's the issue then. But since I tried the AGA minimig core it's a little bit strange if that one also is set to 68000 as default. Thanks. will try your suggestions and report back

Hello.

I have followed instructions and flashed minimig core to tc64V2. I've tried both the latest ECS and AGA minimig cores. I have copied necessary files to the root of the SD card as per instructions.

It attempts to boot. I can see the boot screen and it successfully load the rom file it seems. But then the screen starts to blink between pitch black and a more lighter black. The green light on the TC64V2 also blinks. It will stay like this.

What could be the issue? btw, I am using the BenQ BL702A monitor

That looks like it isnt even showing the entire picture, so god knows what it does. In any case, if you connect a C64 to a classic CRT TV which was factory calibrated, then the left border will be slightly wider than the right border (about one character, ie 8 pixels).

I have no clue what it's doing. It will allow for smooth scrolling though. Of course it has quite bad vertical lines and checkerboard pattern. My main setup is the TC64 V2 and BenQ BL 702A. Gives a much better picture than any LCD TV that's connected with S-video or Composite.

Thats exactly what I get, and the top border is bigger also, if theres any way around this it would be great.

I also have the Benq BL702A, very impressed with it, reasonably priced also.

As you can see on the LCD TV the bottom overscan area is bigger than the top one. On the BenQ it's the other way around.

It's a great monitor for TC64, Indivision ECS/ECS V2 or connecting directly to Amiga RGB.

I took some pictures of the above mentioned BenQ BL 702A plugged into the TC64 V2s VGA and an LCD TV plugged in the same C64s Video port, connected with S-Video and set to 4:3 aspect ratio. So both screens running at the same time.

As you can see, the TC64 has a larger overscan area on the left side and a slightly larger overscan area on the right side compared to the LCD TVs S-video picture which is connected to C64s video port. So plenty of overscan space on the BenQ. So you could center the image without loosing any important overscan. But as I said in my last post, the drawback would be a black border on the right side.

I get the same. I am using the BenQ BL 702A. Settings are 800x600, 50Hz and sync to VIC II is on. After comparing with screens connected to C64s videoport I have seen that much of the left area is showing more than it would when a screen is connected via C64s video port. So I think you could center the picture without really missing anything. The drawback is that you get a black border on the right side of course.

A C64 with its CRT monitor shows the best image and the screen is perfectly synchronized with scrolling games.

LCD/LED/VGA screens are better for your eyesight.

I get smooth scrolling since my BenQ can sync with the VIC II and run 50Hz. I think I seen in some thread here that one of the moderators, think it was Tobias is using a Commodore 1702 with his C64. Maybe he would be willing to post a few pictures here...

To load it back, the easiest way is to first load the original crt, go back to the menu, then load the saved .bin. Writing directly into the original crt file isnt trivially solved, unfortunately. Effectively you'd have to write the full .crt file in any case (because the original file may contain "holes", ie missing banks, which the saving might have modified)

Thanks for the answer. With this much hassle it's much easier to just run the single disk D64 version of the game.

I tried saving as a ROM image. I selected the slot the EF image was loaded to. It created a ROM file. But when I was trying to run the ROM file, nothing happened.

This is a cartridge version of the game Pirates! and it is supposed to be able to save to it. At least in emulators. I think it was an easy flash cartridge. It is a CRT file. It would be nice if one could just save the game, then enter menu and update the image. Like with D64 images.

Edit: Yes, it's an easy flash image. I checked the txt file.