Posts by turrican9

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

It's working (i think) - will test a bit myself. and post another build, tomorrow

Having some game that needs a bit less interaction than this boxy moxy thing would be nice though :)

Looking forward to this. Pirates! easyflash, you can save in any town/harbor. Maniac Mansion easyflash, you can save when you want. And Soul Force easyflash has automatic saving after each level

I am on it... its not a trivial change unfortunately, and i need to understand some code first that i didn't touch for many years - so it will take a while :)

Thanks for the effort. As it is now we already have a huge upgrade with the crt saver. Even if we have to do it manually. Huge upgrade from the previous romsaver only

I did test with soul force easyflash aswell. Works great.

Now, if we could get this implemented like with D64s, where the menusystem ask if you want to update the file after you made changes as you enter the menu system, that would be perfect

very nice update! Just loaded up pirates! Crt image (easyflash). Did a savegame, hit the menu button and filebrowser, did F4 and saved as a new crt file. Loaded that crt file and the savegame was there. Then did another savegame, exit to menu and overwrite the file. Works perfect Very nice work! Thanks!

Edit: one problem. The savegames were there. But when I load them and try to leave port royal, instead of leaving with a ship i have my men on land, up in the corner of the map, whith no city in sight. This happened to both savegames. Very strange

Edit 2: tried again with the french. Played a bit longer before I saved inside the game and traveled to another port before I did the save crt procedure. This time it worked correctly. So looks like it works. This is a brilliant update!

Edit 3: just tested with maniac mansion easyflash. Worked perfect!

yes, it's a bit cluncky that you have to save the ROM to a new file every time. Then when you want to load that ROM you first have to load the original image then load the saved ROM.

Would have been much nicer if it worked more like with D64s. Where you could save to the original ROM file without the need to create a new ROM save file. I believe 1541 Ultimate II + and KungFu Flash works like this. But maybe there is some hardware limitations in the TC64 preventing this as an option?

A seemingly-clean gold contact may fail, because there's a tiny film of nicotine on it.

Jens

Very true. My connectors looked clean, but the proof is in the pudding. After cleaning them all was well. Also, after using my ACA 500/ACA500 Plus on many of my A500s They probably brought with them contaminations from various Amiga 500s with dirty contacts.

I've had this problem on both my ACA 500 and ACA 500 plus. Turned out that when I cleaned the A500 edge connector with cotton buds and isoprop I could push my ACA 500/Plus all the way in again. So just clean your A500 edge connector. And maybe isoprop and and old toothbrush to clean your ACA 500 Plus connector aswell.

So I was never happy with any of the profiles that came with the ECSV2/V3 config utility. I managed to create profiles for PAL and NTSC which are identical to what ECS V1 will output in 1:25 mode. for PAL it takes 720x576, scandoubles it and outputs at 62Hz with full overscan. And for NTSC it takes 720x480, scandoubles it and outputs it at 74Hz with full overscan. I have recreated how the ECS V1 outputs pretty much spot on. Monitor will switch to the same resolution/Hz and show the same picture the ECS V1 does. For my BenQ BL 702A it switches to 1024x600@62Hz for PAL and 848x480@74Hz for NTSC. Just like my ECS V1s. This will vary from monitor to monitor as to what resolution it 'guesses'. This is enabled as standard in this download to be compatible with pretty much any monitor for anyone who downloads it.

Also, I have proper PAL 720x576@50Hz Vsync on and NTSC 720x480@50Hz Vsync on added in this profile. These will show the perfect 1:1 picture with smooth scrolling if your monitor supports it. Like my DELL E1715S can handle this. It will even 'guess the correct resolution for both PAL and NTSC and output a perfect picture with perfect pattern. BenQ BL702A and BL912 will also handle this. But in NTSC it will 'guess' 640x480. Works fine with full overscan but the pattern is not perfect. For PAL it guesses the correct 720x576. But 1 in 30 times on coldboot it may guess the wrong resolution. To fix that just turn the screen off and on again. To enable these two, just disable the two PAL/NTSC ECSV1 profiles and enable these two.

Anyway, just thought I would share my profile.

ECS.v3_profile.7z

On my A500 ++ replica boards, which are based on the Rev.8a I have to pull both my ACA 500 plus and old ACA 500 about half a millimeter out or else I get a black screen. So if I push them all the way in the slot I get a black screen. Just pulling them maybe half a millimeter and everything works perfect. This is very similar to accelerators or memory exapansions in A1200s. I have to push them into the slot, then pull them half a millimeter back out for them to work properly.

I have two ECS V3s. I use them in two of my A500++ replica builds. No issues. I have 3 more replica boards and alot of original A500 motherboards. Don't think I tried my two ECS V3s in my other A500 motherboards. I have a bunch of Rev.6A and Rev.5 motherboards. And the 5 A500++ replica boards based on the Rev.8A. They are all PAL. I think I have all kinds of spare chips, probably including 74LS157.

Let me know if you want me to test the ECS V3 in a certain setup.

So I just tried the new menu build. Tried 3 of my troublesome SD cards. No change for me. Still same issues.

I would guess the reason TC64 is picky about SD cards, even if many of those same cards works fine with other cores is because the file menu in the TC64 core is much more advanced vs the other cores? Like when you browse files with many of the Mist ports you just view a few filenames at a time with no advanced filebrowsing functions VS TC64 menu system. Navigating and doing things with the TC64 menu/filebrowser is very intuitive and in a different ballpark vs other cores.

Thanks for the update. I will try it when I get some time. I have several SD cards that caused issues. Been using two different types of 16GB Sandisk Ultra cards on each of my TC64V2s that has been working well for years. But if I can get more of my SD cards to work that's a nice bonus.

I have seen several types of megachip adapters without the 8375 for sale in various forums through the years. Also, if you know how to solder you could build LIV2s version. If you google it you will find the information on what parts you need and so on. Personally I have built 3 of LIV2s Diet Agnus adapters. These will do the opposite. Go from 8375 to 8372A. Due to the 8375 is so expensive that I wanted to use 8372As in two of my A500 ++ replica boards.