Posts by turrican9

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

issue. More often than not my monitor will switch to 640x480 than 720x576. I have to change the resolution then go back to 720x576@50hz several times before it switches to 720x576. And after a coldboot i have to do the same thing. I had this issue with my ecs v2. Had to do adjustments for it to always switch to the correct resolution.

Edit: it's all over the place. Sometimes it switches to 1080i when using 720x576@50hz. You could take a look at my profile for ecs v2 in the ecs v2 ghosting thread. I managed to make a stable 720x576@50hz profile which will not switch to other resolutions like 1080i or 640x480. But i had that issue until i tweaked my profile. So it should be possible on the tc64 v2 aswell

I can vouch for the ACA 500 Plus. It's the best upgrade you can do for your Amiga 500/500 Plus. In fact, I have a hard time finding anything negative about the ACA 500 Plus. It has along list of impressive features.

Please note that "going into the browser" always means that the C64 is going into a "freeze" state. Many demos don't like to be "frozen", as re-starting is not always 100% cycle-exact. That's exactly why we have introduced the change-list feature.

I will try to remember this. Sometimes it can be long periods between each time I do the change-list feature, and I always forget how to do it. I always forget I have to set the left button to Drive 1 or 2 to make this work. For most games, and many demos it seems to work fine just exiting to the menu to change disks. Another thing I will try to remember (which I am better at remembering) is that some software must be loaded from the basic screen instead of the file menu

Found disk swapping issues with several Demos. I didn't note the names because this was some time ago. But I have found one now after starting some testing. It's the demo 'Trick and Treat'. Comes with four d64 images.

When it tells me to insert the next disk I go out to the file browser and insert the next disk then back again and nothing happens. Have tested with Vice in windows and here the disk swapping works fine. Had this issue with several demos thus far.

I am testing with the TC64 V2 and the 9n firmware.

Sounds strange, could you try some older releases of the core? I am sure i tested a bunch of games and saw no problems.... it sounds to me like something with the joystick input is wrong now. I'll have a look

Edit: OK i see it now (and now i remember this Problem too) - it only happens in Cartridge mode, and only with the real Joystick connected to the C64. My guess would be that in that case the Joystick interfers with the Keyboard in a way it shouldnt. pwsoft needs to look at this (later), i tried before and couldnt find the problem.

Okay. Just tried an older core with the same problems. However, Arachnoid suddenly works now on both the latest core and the one that came before. Would be nice to get this fixed

I started on the 'A' section of games from the megacart. Issue after issue. Alien Blitz: fires when I move the joystick left and when I hit fire I move right. Alien Sidestep: game pauses when I hit the firebutton. Amazing Maze: Screen just moves/shifts when moving joystick. Amok: No joystick movement. Only fires sometimes when I move the stick. But character is not moving. Ape Escape: No joystick input. Arachnoid: Resets to the menu when I hit the fire button. After this I didn't bother to test more games. Some games seems to work, but I'm sure if I continued there would be a ton of games not working correctly. This was just from starting at the 'A' section and going down the list.

And with the screen resolution the image quality is really blurry and has alot of ghosting. TC64 V2 handles the lower resolutions best. Like 640x480@50Hz, 768x576@50Hz or even better, if you added 720x576@50Hz to get the correct aspect ratio and overscan area for PAL and at the same time would give a much sharper image.

Please tell which of them that would be - according to my testing most games did work just fine (which is not surprising, most dont need anything fancy at all)

Pole Position not loading at all. Galaxian just restarts when pressing the firebutton instead of firing. And several other games did not react to the fire button. Other games not working at all. I have to retest and note all the games when I get the time. And this is using the TC64 V2 in cartridge mode. Using a joystick port switcher aswell. So wrong port can be ruled out. Since the VIC20 only has one joystick port aswell.

So I'm using the Megacart image with the VIC20 core. Alot of games not working. Any more work planned for this core? If not, maybe someone else could make a new VIC20 core or be allowed to continue the work on this one? I would also love a 720x576 screen resolution. Like the C16 core and Amiga core.

Something strange happened yesterday. So I have a bunch of different VGA cables. Including some thick ones. all have ferrite beads on both ends. Strangely enough I get the best results with the ones that come with the LCDs. The not so thick ones with blue VGA plugs and ferrite beads on both ends.

Anyway, lately I thought my BenQ BL912 was showing a lot less ghosting VS my BenQ BL 702As. That was until yesterday when I found out the specific cable I was using for my BL 912 caused this. This cable is identical to the one I was using on my BL 702A. I have a bunch of these cables. But the one I am using for the BL 912 shows the least amount of ghosting.

Anyway, for a short while yesterday the ghosting was completely gone when using this cable. On both monitors. Now the ghosting is back again. to the same level it was showing before. The other cables still makes it worse. Very strange. I don't understand why the ghosting was completely gone for a little while. As I was switching the cable between the monitors the regular ghosting was back. Very strange. Like the stars was aligned for a moment.

At the same time I see the ghosting even if I use a VGA to HDMI converter plugged directly into the TC64 V2 (No VGA cable). But the fact that the ghosting was completely gone for a moment when using this random VGA cable makes me think there must be some kind of simple fix to this. It shows that the TC64 V2 can show a ghosting free picture for me. Something must have caused it.

This was done in cartridge mode using 768x576@50Hz.

OK, holding the menu button the monitor switches to a black screen and shows a 15kHz mode (which it can not display)

yeah, you need a 15KHz compatible monitor for it to work. My BenQ BL702As and BL912 runs 15KHz just fine. You can also use 15KHz compatible CRT monitors or old CRT TVs. VGA to RGB/RGB scart should work just fine.

(With my ports of MiST cores you can enable/disable the internal scandoubler by holding down the menu or F12 button for more than 1 second.)

I just became aware of this quite recently. It's a very nice feature. Would love to have it for the TC64/TC64 V2 C64 core aswell. Aswell as 720x576 of course.

i noticed the new c16 core uses 720x576 aswell. This resolution fills the screen and shows the correct aspect ratio for pal. This should really be an option for the c64 core. Aswell as the option to turn off the scandoubler