Posts by turrican9

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I ordered and recieved 2x ECS V3s recently and also 1x ECS V2 in the past. I went into the shop just now and added 1 ECS V3. That went fine. Then I added two and got the message that I could only order 1.

This was only a test. I was not actually ordering. So I don't know if it counts all the scandoublers ordered in the past or if you can order a total of 3 for each version. If it was 3 for each version then Drewlio77 shouldn't get this message. Also, if he ordered 2x ECS V1 and 1x ECS V2 in the past that would equal to 3. I could still add another ECS V3 even if I already bought 2x ECS V3s recently and 1x ECS V2 from the shop in the past. So that makes it 4.

So most likely a bug in the shop I should think.

Yeah, the picture quality is as sharp like with the Indivision AGA MK3 on my A1200

It's dream to use the A500 again all day. Even with Final Writer there's now a sharp text on the screen, couldn't say this with the ECS V2.

Still have the ECS V2 in his original box, don't really know what to do with it... just 1 year old and still in warranty.

Maybe if I can find somewhere a cheap A500PLUS, I can try it if the picture is better with it or I can try to sell it...

ECS V2 is still a Super Denise (ECS Denise) replacement. Real Super Denise goes for quite alot of money these days. Even though the VGA output has ghosting it's still fine for most games and regular use. I have 2x Indivision ECS V1, 1x ECS V2 and now 2x ECS V3. But I have plenty of A500s, 500+ and A600s.

I doubt you will see much change by trying it on another A500 Plus. Best results I had with the ECS V2 was in my A600s when I secured the VGA connector against the shielding in place of the TV modulator. But even then the ghosting was quite visible, but much better than my 500s.

So today I got my two ECS V3s. First of all it was extremely fast shipping to Norway.

The picture quality on these are amazing! There is absolutely no ghosting. Extremely sharp and vibrant with no trace of ghosting/smearing. Extremely happy with the picture quality from the ECS V3.

Tested on my BenQ BL 702A. Using DOS demo, pinball dreams and various others that would show ghosting/smearing very clearly with the ECS V2. Again, ECS V3 has no trace of ghosting and is showing what I would call a perfect picture. I can safely recommend these to anyone.

Interesting stuff. I ordered two Indi ECS V3s yesterday (not shipped yet). For me it's fine without this mod on my two units. I will use them on some A500 ++ replica boards I soldered. All the logic is socketed on them anyway.

Edit: Speaking of the devil, got a mail that the units have been shipped right after I had made this post :)

Another great benfit with the ACA 500 + is because it's based on a 68000 CPU you get full compatability with floppy games/demos without the need to remove the ACA 500 +. And the fact that it can add slow RAM even if you have an A500 Plus or ACE2B with chip RAM only setups.

When overclocked, it will rival many 020 accelerators and be even faster than some of them. It will give you more CF card speed than most other (if not all other) solutions. Also, since it's based on the 68000 CPU you will not suffer from slowdowns in certain whdload titles. Like you get with 020/030 accelerators when paired with A500/A600. Which can somtimes be solved partly by adding 'Cache' in tooltip for the whdload slaves.

Thanks. Good to know :) This should have been done properly the first time with the ECS V2 and TC64 V2. I would have paid more to avoid ghosting. Hopefully we will get patchboards soon.

But very nice to know the ECS V3 is ghosting free. I might order one.

Following this thread with great interest, finally a solution to the ghosting problem of the ECS V2?

An equally sharp image as the MK3 gives is very promising.

A short video of the Andromeda demo "DOS" and of the Pinball Dreams "flippers" would be nice here.

I second this. A video showing pinball dreams (Steel Wheel) flippers and Andromeda "DOS" demo on any LCD would be very nice. I'm not taking my chances until I see definitive proof that there is no ghosting. If the ghosting is eliminated I am very interested in the ECS V3.

I have no ghosting on my NEC LCD2070NX with the indiECSv3.

Same excellent picture like the indiAGAmk3.

The indiECSv1 shows a little bit ghosting.

A dont have indiECSv2.

Thank you. Sounds very promising. As I too have a bit of ghosting with my ECS V1s. And my ECS V2 has quite a bit more ghosting VS V1. I may order some ECS V3s. But would like more feedback from others aswell.

Also waiting for patchboards for TC64 V2 and ECS V2.

Would you say that the higher frequency output transistors themselves is the single cause for less/no ghosting improvement on the ECS V3 VS V2? So let's say one changed only the output transistors on the ECS V2 with the same type that you now use in the V3, would this improve things with the ECS V2?

If so, would the same be possible with the TC64 V2?

Or one would still need a full patchboard (which you have mentioned in the past) with more components than just the transistors for this to improve things?

So I noticed people having midi ports on the docking station for TC64 V2. I bought the first batch of TC64 V2 docking station. Mine came without midi ports. So the second batch and onwards came with midi ports?

Not that I would ever use the midi ports

Edit: I see that the current docking station in the shop is for both TC64 V1 and V2. The one I bought shortly after TC64 V2 released I believe was only for the TC64 V2. And it came without the midi ports.

With certain cores, like the minimig core for TC64/TC64 V2 you can disable the scandoubler and run at 15KHz. However, I found the picture is still soft with a bit of ghosting on the right side of objects for my two TC64 V2s. So I think this is as good as it gets.

i have recapped several commodore psu's. Several of them had leaky caps. The so called modern replacement psu's (meanwell and so on) have high ripple and i would not recommend any of them. So two options: either recap original psu or get ca-psu from jens.

Hi,

Is it possible to have an option to disable the cpu on the ACA500Plus and use the motherboard cpu whilst retaining the other ACA500Plus features?

I think I've asked Jens something similar. I don't think it's possible to disable the CPU in the ACA 500 Plus. But if you clock it down to 7MHz it will run the same as the original CPU. So no need to unplug he ACA 500 Plus for compatability. There are some nice profiles for running stock A500 aswell. CPU can be clocked up or down in the global settings menu.

However, if you have A1200 accelerators plugged into your ACA 500 Plus I believe Jens said that the only accelerator, currently on the market that supports cloak mode is the ACA 1233n. So it can be turned off from the ACA 500 Plus menu.

Becoming more and more likely. Indivision ECS V3 with that updated analogue part and some "chip shortage changes" is in production and will also undergo CE testing before it's sold (pre-screening was already successful).

When would you estimate the ecs v3 will be for sale?