Posts by HeavyHead

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I managed to get a hold of a PS/2 keyboard + USB power supply and started testing, and it seems that it's my old breadbox that fucks up things..

I disasembled my non-working C64 (newer model) and fixed it today, plugged in the Chameleon and tadaaa... works.. :)

So, I am a happy camper at the moment.. but still puzzled on what is wrong with my breadbox, as it works flawless without the Chameleon.. ?

hmm... more errors...

1) I cannot "Reset with cartridge" - that just hangs the system (Retro Replay selected in Slot 1, with slot 1 as default cartridge)

2) When accessing the file browser and selecting a .prg file on an SD card with a .d64 file on it, the intro music starts playing fine, but only the yellow screen with mounting information is showing.. but I can hear that it is the intro music playing, and when I press space, the main music starts playing (just trying out an old version of antidote that I know by heart)

...and now even "Reset to Basic" fails.. as well as all variants of "Clear Memory.." :(

..IR Receiver is now off (I have to hit the enter key at exact right moment to enter the menu areas).. problem still there...

.. and now I have screen flickering due to some other settings I managed to change in my quest to enter the input settings menu and disable the IR received.. :)

I would like to test a PS2 keyboard, but unfortunately I don't have any.. :( And my second C64 seems not to be working atm (typically)...

I'll see if I can manage to get into the menu area where I can disable the IR detector

I am experiencing a small irritating thing with my newly arrived hardware.. I have what looks like a software error, resulting in a “stuck” arrow key in the menu mode..

I tryed the following without any help:

Several reboot, soft and hard

Ensuring shiftlock is not pressed or enabled

Joystick unplugged

Check the link to see a small crappy video that shows the problem: http://9th.dk/Chameleon/key_stuck.mp4