Posts by brostenen

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I do tend to agree that ECS V2's setup tool is quite counter-intuitive to use and complicated.

Upon reading the docs over and over and over again, I somehow managed to luckily get the 640x512 PAL Laced setting to display properly on my LCD monitor, and I left it at that without further trying to try other stuff, in fear of losing that setting.

Do you have border to border in workbench, and does it show all gfx when loading a game from disk?

If I set it to 800x600, I get this border around the screen. Like it is not stretching the image to fitt the monitor.

That is on both workbench and loading a game from disk.

Hi.

I have tried fiddeling with the setup tool for the IndivisionECS V2, and I still have no clue on what I am actually doing. It seems as eighter I do not know what I am doing, or the tool are just too difficult. Reading the manual on the Individual Wiki, do not help me in explaining exactly what is going on and what the different menuitems and submenu's actually are setting.

I have noticed, that setting screenmodes in Workbench, sometimes have an effect on the Indivision it self, and as far as I know, this should not be happening. For what I understand, then the IndiECS should just scale/convert any screenmodes to a VGA output. So why does it have an effect in the IndiECS's configuration it self, when I test a screenmode that are set in the Indi? My mind buggles a bit. Really confusing.

If there will be an guide in the future, with examples of what and explanation on each step, for setting up the Indivision. Then I know that I am not the only one that would be extremely happy. Another thing that I have found, is that if I wish a screenmode/vga-resolution, then I sometimes need to moove it to the top in the mainmeny of the IndiECSv2 tool, and sometimes I even have to disable other resolutions. Why?

Will Individual computers make such a guide avaliable, for setting up some kind of resolution, and explanations of each step and what exactly that step involves and what it exactly does?

Thanks in Advance.

I have read that there are a Beta version or something for the IndivisionECS. Just remember that it is beta, and for what I have read, there have not been any devellopment on it for some time. Anyway... I did come across a video on Youtube, that allegely showed Picasso96 running on IndiECS V1.

All right.... Some information on how I removed that border. I did not try border blank for this.

Right now, I have the IndiECS V2 running on 800x600 in 2 or 4 colours and it is sloooooow. Well yada dida, I have no accelerator installed. Hehe. Naturally, it will get slow on my machine. Yet the workbench it self are now being displayed border to border in 800x600 and so I have no border at all on the workbench. Only workbench, centered perfectly and beautifully bam, straight in the middle and border to border.

The night between yesterday and the day before (+14 hours straight), I fiddeled with a lot of different screenmode/monitor files, found on aminet. And none worked. Then I turned to amiga.org and consulted my issue. I took note in the "storage/monitors" folder in workbench had all these new monitors installed from me trying them software packages. And everytime I had doubleclicked on each monitor, it would turn up in the screenmode selector in workbench. And this made me choose a screenmode (not from within the IndiECS tool), that would actually make the screen be full-screen and border to border. Untill I rebooted, then it would disappear from the screenmode-selector menu, and the machine would go back to the screen not displaying in full screen. Both and cold and on warm boot. (A+A+CTRL and Power-Cycle)

Now...

I asked around if anyone knew any software package, that would enhance Workbench, in order to give me more screenmodes in the screenmode selector, yet I got a response from a fellow countryman, that I should try and copy all files from "dho:devs/monitors" to "dh0:storage/monitors" and do the same the other way around. Making the exact same files be in both directories. And then reboot.... And BAM.... After next reboot, then I got the workbench to fit nice and snug, and in border to border. After that, I did a complete backup of both directories, and on two floppy disks each. Just in case because we all know how well floppy disks will keep on working, and especially after all these years. :-D

So I hope this will give you all a clue as to how to get this going, and if there are any bugs in the IndiECS V2 config tool. Personally I am happy that I have solved at least one issue with my 600-setup, share my findings with you guys and hope someone can get any use out of this information.

EDIT:

By the way.... Sorry Rockwater, for hijacking your tread.... Hope my findings will serve you as well. I just thought that this will be a good place to fit in my findings.

Is that tool, to make everything outside the Workbench area black? Like I have this issue of the grey, being displayed on some parts of the area outside the workbench, and other areas being grey like on the workbench. I can work with the workbench not being fullscreen. Right now it is making this grey and black border around the workbench area.

Hi Jens....

I have solved the issue, by installing it in my a500 Rev.5 with kick 1.3 and 512k trapdoor mem that I bought from you. And I ran the rescue disk and had it sitting for 2 minutes after it had started to load the floppy disk. I made shure that it had run through the flashing, by testing "dir" command or was it "list". The IndivisionECS V2 went back into my 600, and it worked again.

So I am thinking, that it is eighter the Kickstart version, the a604n or perhaps the flashing tool (I am thinking of a bug somewere, that the programmer have been missing for some odd reason) that are the issue, or it might just be my 600 setup combination that are the issue here.

My mainboard are an Revision 1.5, that has been recapped with ceramic caps. It has the a604n that are not fully populated in the socket, and I am running with kickstart 37.350 and I have an SD-Card solution as the harddisk. It has the KA-Something non-buffered ide adaptor as well.

Anyway.... Issue solved. 1000 times thank you for the support.

Hi Jens.

I ran both the rescue disk that I made from within the config tool, and I ran the disk that I downloaded from the Wiki page. None of those two disks have brought back the scandoubler. Regarding accelerator, then I have no accelerator installed in my Amiga600. Regarding the a604n module, then I have the version, were not all the pins are populated on the socket. I don't know if this give any clue.

Hi.

I have installed the IndivisionECS V2 in my a600, using an a604n. I followed the directions on the Wiki page and I am now stuck on a black screen and the tool reporting that the hardware is not found. The installation guide told me to create an resque disk, and test the disk. After creating the disk and trying it, the scandoubler is no longer working. And hooking up an tv to the RGB port and running the configuration tool, reports that it can not find the hardware anymore. Anyone know what the issue is?