Posts by DownshiftDX

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

In the spirit of continuing to take my A500 to the maximum I requested an Indivision ECS v2 for Christmas from my wife. It arrived and this morning I got it installed and quickly confirmed the VGA output was working on my Dell U2410f monitor. I am really excited to FINALLY have such a device for my 500!

I downloaded the IndivisionECSv2 configuration tool to try to adjust the settings to get things a bit closer to the aspect ratio of display on my CRT. (The Dell has pitiful options for display adjustment beyond color options.) I believe the tool is the latest version at 1.6. When launched it displays "IndivisionECSv2 hardware not found. Continue?" The hardware is installed and working as I get a display both from the Amiga RGB port to my CRT TV and to the Dell through VGA. I read the docs that says the tool requires KS Rom 2.0... is this the minimum or does it only work with kickstart 2.0x?

EDIT: I tried setting Workbench to run on NTSC Hires laced thinking that maybe the tool wanted the screen to be in a native Amiga mode but this made no difference. (I usually run Workbench in Picasso96 RTG through the Vampire HDMI.)

Specs:
    Amiga 500 (OCS) with 1mb CHIP
    Vampire 500 v2+ core 2.10

OS 3.1.4 (Rom patched into Vampire.)

Thanks!