Posts by espskog

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

You guys did a fantastic job on the cartridge and I can happily wait for the last 5% :-) I would actually be more happy with HW changes in a V3 than the last 5% being fixed :) My wish list is a new docking station which is inside a case so that when the cartirdge slides inside, it creates a complete box with all the outlets on the sides. Plus USB ports for kbd+mouse and a larger fpga for larger cores (primarily aga amiga core).

But for now, I will enjoy V2 until that V3 is made ;-) Hehe.....

Speaking of V2 -- when is shipping-date og pre-paid V2's ?

Jens: It was voted on, and even though the group is just a few hours old, we're already 36 members. The group is closed to allow for easier moderation. So, for now, we'll keep it as a non-public group.

PS! If none of you are on FB, I would say that you can reach a lot of your buyers if you were to join the amiga and the c64 groups (tens of thousands of members) for promoting new products. I am sure you guys know about this and I am also aware that FB itself it uncool is so many ways (privacy etc) but it is what it is and it is where many people gather for retro-discussions. But everyone would love to see you guys there, so...join if you have the resources/time for it.

I have asked the group members if they had anything against the group going public. I wanted to ask the group before doing so -- out of politeness.

I think the nice thing about having a FB group is that so many users are on the C64 and Amiga group so it's nice to use the same platform.

I'll report back ASAP about the public status.

PS! I only use FB because so any c64 and amiga users use it for the private groups. They are a nice place to keep in touch with the scene.

I am curious, are you ok with sharing how many of the V1 which were sold and how many of the V2 have been sold ?

Just how many TC64 are there out there. The reason I ask is that I wonder how many are out there and using it :)

Would be super cool to know how many.

Tobias: The Core bug page claims to be updated early 2018 (see bottom of the page) if I remember right. Does this mean that the newly released c64core has solved more than the page reports as bugs when it was last updated ?

Or -- is it just the footer of the page which hasn't been touched ? :)

I am just wondering if there exists some kind of a overview of the TC64 C64Core and its capabilities when it comes to compatibility with the VIC demo effects and the SID emulation when the TC64 is running in standalone mode --- compared to a real C64.

Maybe some side-by side Youtube videos that shows off the TC64 standalone mode Core on certain demanding demos, and compared with real C64 HW.

It would be cool to dig deep on this to know which effects are supported and which are not. The reason I ask is to know more of what to expect since I will

mainly run my TC64 in standalone mode for now, and I am a demo-geek and hope to be able to see news with "all" the demo effects intact :-)

If someone have a nice videolink or wanna create one (side by side split screen in youtube) then I would love to see them.

Espen

I have long been thinking that all the fuzz on Amiga forums about sourcing 15kHz/50Hz capable monitors was pointless since normal LCD/LED TV screens would serve the purpose as they already were made for 50Hz appliances and to tolerate 15kHz input. However -- I have seen that they sample picture-data and display it with un-smooth result. But that might not be the case anymore ? I will try my Chameleon on VGA-input with the living room 55" Pioneer TV and see how it turns out :-) I guess it's a "trial and error" kind of situation :)

Hi,

What is the recommended specs for a LCD I should buy for my Chameleon. I want to find a suitable screen with VGA input

so that when I hook it up to my Chameleon and watch demos, the scrollers and movements are without lag and jerky movements

which is had on a cheap lcd-tv that was hooked up to a real c64 (svideo).

Does the chameleon's native output thru vga take care of this for me so that things will run smooth on my tv or monitor (i will

of course disable post-processing and set the screen into gaming mode).

Tips ?

I am seriously hovering over the chair and eagerly waiting for the Chameleon to arrive. And to use a real commodore remote -- that is just fantastic :)

A little off topic, but does the new fpga have a larger capacity than the old one ? If yes: how much larger is it?

I am diving in to eBay to see if I find a nice receiver and kbd/mouse to use which utilises the PS2 for Chameleon compatibility.

Just out of curiosity: Did you consider 2 USB ports for kbd+mouse instead of PS2 ports when you redesigned the chameleon v2 ? I am sure you did -- but I was just curious why it uses ps2 and not usb :)

So, basically -- if I want to use a keyboard with an embedded trackpad that uses a single usb-dongle as a receiver, only the keyboard will work. Right ?

I know I could dig out one of those old logitech/microsoft receivers which has two ps2 connectors (one for mouse and one for keyboard) but I really want to use a store bought keyboard which is new :)

Any tips will be of help. I just want to be able to use my Chameleon from the sofa and not having to have to have a long usb cable for the kbd+mouse :)