Posts by espskog

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I am trying to use the mouse in Operation Wolf but when I start the game, mouse movement is not working 100%. It moves the aim and I can fire bullets, but i can not properly move the aim around on the screen.

I have the same problem with Advanced Art Studio.

Anyone here have some experience with using the connected PS/2 mouse to work with c64 games like Operation Wolf (or programs like Adv. Art Studio) ?

UPDATE: And when I say that it "does not work" in Op Wolf, what happens is that when I physically move the mouse, the aim just moves in one direction until it ends up in the lower right hand corner. The left mouse button (fire) works fine.

I was hoping to play Op Wolf with mouse as I have been dreaming of that since the 90's :-D

(Ps! the mouse works fine as I use it on the minimig core daily)

Please take the time to mount a physical "blocker" for the USB power port of the Chameleon. It should be as simple as a 2x4cm-piece of hard plastic, sheet metal or similar, mounted with two screws (so it won't tilt away) to the side of the black base of the Docking Station.

I will make sure to do that. Will put a sticker over it for the mean time. It's easy to forget so I'll block it.

I am just updating my thread here as I got it working. So what I did was just to solder 5V directly to pin3 on the cartridge connector on the docking and GND to pin1 on the cartridge conncetor. It powered up like a dream. So if anyone needs this mod -- it works :)

Excellent. Thanks for the confirmation. I looked at the schematics for the TC but was unable to find the schematics for the docking V1 to find which pin was VCC and GND on the CN3 connector. You guys remember ?

Hi. Cores, when flashed, have different types of naming and some are more cryptical than others. But I was wondering: is there, or can you make it, a way to rename a core after (or before) it is flashed so that I cam decide the name of it as to how it appears on the list of cores on the core launch menu ?

For instance: I would very much like my cores to have a similar naming structure as opposed to what the developers decided at the time they were released :)

Is this possible either via Chaco or possible to do before flashing it ? (Or maybe even after ?)

Espen

Hi.

Is it possible to power the Turbo Chameleon cartridge with 5V+GND from any of the pins on the PCB of the Docking ?

For instance, are there any 5V pins on the Docking I can feed 5V (fom the usb charger) to power the unit instead of plugging it into the

mini-usb connector on the side of the TC cartridge ?

I am asking because I would like to build my TC and Docking into a case and would like less cables connected to the TC itself, and instead have a power

conncetor feeding the Docking (which again powers the TC cartridge).

If this is possible -- where on the Docking PCB can I hook up ?

Espen

Hi.

I use a Kingston 32GB SD card and I assume it's a bit old and slow cause my diskspeed feels a bit slow in Minimig. So I am gonna invest in a new SD card (also because my current SD card plastic case opened up accidentally.

But - what is considered the best option here to get e.g. 32GB and the fastest IO ? Is it a samsung, a sandisk or a kingston ...or something else ?

And what specs should I aim for. I want the best of the best and it has to be a MicroSD card (not fullsize) as I am gonna use it in an adapter.

Suggestions, advises are welcome :)

This fantastic Keyboard was sent to me from WASD Keyboards in California to review for use with retro hardware like the Turbo Chameleon since I needed a modern keyboard which worked both with USB and PS/2. So the guys over at WASD Keyboards flashed this keyb with a version of the firmware that support ps/2 protocol.

The keyboard operaties incredibly well for the TC and I am also using it for productivity since it's also USB. I got it fancied up in Amiga colours and amiga modifier keys.

I looked very long to decide if I wanted to use a old ps/2 keyboard for my TC experience or if I would be lucky to have a modern keyboard that supported ps/2 protocol as well, and

I did find this at in the end. Took me months to source and contact vendors, then finally WASD confirmed their v2.5 firmware was ps/2 protocol compatible. So I want to share

this with the community so anyone else can also buy it and not having to go thru all the loops which I had to by looksing and testing.

Here is my review and summary. Hope it helps!

Look here for the review: https://espenskogblog.wordpres…-keyboard-in-amiga-style/

It's identical, except for a single line, the RTC select line. I didn't bother connecting that, as the Chameleon has it's own RTC. However, you pretty clearly asked for the possibility to connect a 4-way expander, and that's not possible, as these expanders require two more address lines that you can't get anywhere in the Chameleon - they are known only inside the FPGA.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. I just needed to know if an extender would work as it would open up for using more peripherals on the clockport_v1 core from Lallafa (or Alastair's new agacore if he find a way to include lallafa's clockportfix). :)