Posts by espskog

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

A retroreplay cartridge image is preinstalled in slot 1 (PAL) and slot 2 (NTSC), you can use that (press 1 or 2 in the menu). You can also install/load a jiffydos kernal and drive ROM if you like, but you have to provide the images yourself (see manual).

Tobias, could you give a quick sentence on where I shall put the jdos kernal and drive rom on the SD card and what to call them so that I can set my TC to enable loading of rom at boot ?

Is there, someplace, a list of terminal programs (like ccgms, striketerm, novaterm, guruterm....etc) which support the RRNet ? I know guruterm does, and it works nice. But now what I have started playing around with my RRnetMK3 I wanna test as much as I can. My goal is to find a terminal program which supports rrnet, punter protocol and preferably also 80cols if possible (but 80col is not a prereq) :)

Hi Jens. Keep up the great hardware-work :)

Thanks for the clarification on the memory question. Now I know that it is a correct behaviour that it allocates a chunk of my fastmem when I choose the RTG mode under screenmode. Great to know the reason behind the behaviour. Thankx!!!

If I press "PAUSE" on the ps/2 keyboard while I am in the main menu of the TC a rasterbar is appearing for a fraction of a second randomly placed in the border (white color rasterbar). Just wondering if you can try to reproduce it and tell my what the reason is. I am just askin out of curiosity :)

To reproduce: power on TCv2 with latest 9o FW and while in the main menu, press PAUSE 2-3 times a second for a while to see the gfx artifact.

//Espen

Hi Jens. Just wondering about my question above from aug18. Is it correct that by changing to a p96 rtg screenmode, the driver allocatea an equal portion from fastmem to allocate as buffer (e.g. For when using screen dragging) ? I am in this example asking on a generic basis for instance a4000 with a picasso4 gfx card (not askin in a TC minimig rtg context). Because if it is so, that the rtg driver allocates a buffer from fastmem, I understand. If it does not allocate it, I think there might be a bug 😅 Just trying to find a answer as to why my fastmem goes down when I enable a rtg mode under prefs/screenmode.

Espen

Thanks for the reply. Yep, I am using a TC and Alastair's minimig-rtg driver is setup to allocate 1MB (new setting in tooltype to define "onboard" RTG ram). So when I load the driver in AmigaOS it allocated that 1MB. But as soon as I change from PAL to any RTG mode, it takes 0,7MB from my fastmem when I use a screenmode of 1024x768x8bit so I was wondering: Why does also allocate another 0,7MB from fastmem and not use that already allocated 1MB in the rtg-driver ? Are you saying that these 0,7MB is the "buffer" which is taken by P96 ?

I am wondering: Is it normal that P96 «takes» fastmem equivalent to the resolution which you set in screenmode ? For instance: If I set 1024x768x8bit i notice that suddenly 700KB is gone from my available fastmem. If I set for instance 1250x720x8bit it eats up 900KB.

Is this P96 just grabbing a framebuffer-size to enable double buffering or other calculations ?

Can it be related to screen-dragging which now is available in P96 ?

(I am using latest P96 version for this test)

Espen

Sorry, I will try to rephrase:

1. Clicking F11 or Black button = Go To Cham Main Menu

2. Holding F11 or Black button for a few seconds then releasing it = No function

3. Clicking F12 or White button = Freeze

4. Holding F12 or White button for a few seconds then releasing it = Go to Cham Main Menu

It is behaviour 1 and 4 in the list above I am referring to as they do the same thing with default button config in the menu.

Ah, yes -- I did not know it was only capable to do RX. Ok -- I'll put the idea to rest :D

The IEC indeed is working fantastically in the latest minimig core with a NodeMCU and 57k6bps serial speed for internet connection. Use it daily :)

Out of curiosity -- what is the maximum theoretical bandwidth on the IR port if one was to have some fun with it and use it for something else than the CDTV remote ;-)
    For instance file transfer to something external. Are we talking just a few kB/sec or are we in the hundreds of kb/sec area ?

For instance: If two TC's is placed beside eachother and wants to link games :D (I am just brainfartin here)

Well -- hires graphic modes had single pixel width and that looks quite nice, so I think they did it not for the esthetical reasons but for either A) Lazyness/time constrains OR B) Something else :-D :-D I dunno... since hires looks nice, it would be strange that they'd claim charset 1pixel width lines would not.

Or am I missing somthing ? :)

Hi. In latest core version for the TC, when I click F11 once I get back to Cham main menu. But if I HOLD F11 for a few seconds --- nothing happens. Bug ?

If I press F12 once it freezes into cartridge (no problem there) but if I HOLD F12 for a few seconds and release it, it also goes back to Cham main menu (almost like pressing F11 is the same as holding F12 for a few secs).

I know there is something in the manual about holding down longer than 0.7seconds but this double-functoinality of F11 and F12 almost looks like a bug since there is overlapping functions here.

//Espen

Scroll lock would work just fine as well. The minimig core uses pause key for this, but since pause on c64core = restore, I agree that using scrlck is a good choice. Thanks for considering adding it.

PS! The reason I ask is because my keyboard does not have full numpad. This way we can have joy-emu on arrowkeys for those rare occasions when the games plays better with keys vs. a normal joystick.

Hi. Could you add so that those of us who does not have a full numeric keyboard can press PAUSE once to make arrow-keys = joystick-port1 and then if we press PAUSE once more, it's joystick-port2, and back to no no-emu if it's pressed a third time ?

:)