Posts by davidpgil

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

although this is solved, i should add perhaps: a good quick first test is to remove both CIAs and the SID - the C64 (not only MK2 :)) should start up with no blinking cursor (for that you need CIA1).

I started getting the black screen again and I decided to try your quick test. I removed both CIAs and the SID chip and powered on and now the status LED on the MKII is now blinking. Does this mean one of the remaining chips now has a problem?

I am trying to figure out why my Commodore 64 Reloaded MKII is showing a black screen. What is the usual way of troubleshooting this?

My device powers up fine -- shows the green LED for 1 second. However, the display is blank.

UPDATE1: Through swapping chips and turning on the C64 MKII I found out one of my 8521 CIA chips was faulty. Once I removed the chip, the initial screen displays, but no flashing cursor appears. I probably need to buy a new one CIA chip.

I am trying to use the Commodore 64 Reloaded MKII Remote control functionality and I see nothing when I follow these instructions at the top exactly -- http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/C64_…g_the_remote_control_Menu... I am using Debian Linux.

What is the expected result?

UPDATE1: After some closer reading, the pamplet included with my C64R MKII says to use the terminal emualtion program first. I guessed that this means connect with minicom first, THEN switch on the C64. I now see the C64 prompt. :saint:

Thanks everyone. I am new to the C64 world and am learning this stuff fresh. I had no significant experience with the C64 30+ years ago. I think I noticed my friend had some form of C64 attached to his home TV but I'm not sure. Since I am going the PAL route it seems its very useful to know which one I should get.

Can I use a C64C style case with the C64 MK2? Will I have issues adding/mounting a keyboard?

I am a recent owner of a C64 Reloaded MK2 and am starting to shop around for chips. The wiki says I need:

• CPU 6510 or 8500
    • two pcs. CIA 6526(A) or 8521
    • video chip 6567, 6569, 8565 or 8562
    • one or two sound chips 6581 and/or 8580

I have an NTSC Breadbin C64 already but I want my MK2 to be my PAL system (for game compatibility) with double SIDs (for messing with some modern music software). I want my MK2 to have chips that are more stable and don't have overheating issues as much as possible.

Here is what I'm going for:

CPU: 8500

PCS: 8521

VIDEO: 8565 or 8562

SOUND: 6581 and 8580

Does this config make sense for my goals?