Posts by SpocksBeer

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Just to update, turns out my issue was the same as Moff's problem - choking on the LoadModule scsi.device part of startup-sequence. Finally got a keyboard, so was able to flash to the newer version of the ACA1221ec software. This fixed my issue.

Thanks for the info, Jens. With the jumper in its "parked" position, it still does not boot for me - at least with the HSTWB install. I'm running just a bare rev. 2B motherboard at the moment - no keyboard, no disk drive - so I'm thinking there's some weird interaction with something in the startup sequence and my exact config. At any rate, firmly in the "not your problem" basket.

Don't mean to hijack, but I'm seeing a similar problem with my ACA1221ec, but only with a HSTWB scripted Workbench install. ACA1233n works with that copy of Workbench just fine, and the ACA1221ec works if the jumper is in "unprotect" mode. Obviously not a lot of acceleration going on in that instance, however.

The ACA1221ec also works just fine with a copy of Workbench prepared by an ACA500+. I suspect it's a Workbench config issue with the HSTWB install, rather than a hardware issue, but I've no idea what it would be.

Anyway, if you've not tried the "unprotect" setting for the jumper (as opposed to simply removed), give that a go and see if it makes a difference.