Posts by khorse

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

It's a Corsair SF450 less than 6 months old.

I'm sorry but I simply cannot accept your excuse, even if it is technically true that the Lyra cannot handle the amount of ripple.

Every other part of the computer, the motherboard, the drives, the fastata, the BPPC, the Bvision, your rapidroad, the ethernet card etc all work immediately and perfectly on this "high ripple". (Perhaps you know that Bvision in particular is famed for power related instability.) So does everything in a normal PC, if I use this PSU to power one.

Now if every other computer part on god's polluted earth works correctly with this PSU, the conclusion is that the PSU is not "high ripple". It is normal ripple, totally within expected behavior, and Lyra 3 demands usually low ripple.

But I will say that your answer is something I should've expected, you're famous for blaming every problem with your products onto other people's products, commodore, the user etc. Saint Jens can do no wrong.

For the past week or so my Lyra3 (A1200 version) is completely useless.

I turn the system on, the keyboard LEDs flash, go dark, then the keyboard is dead. Only once every 40-50 cold boots does it work.

I can unplug then plug in the keyboard and the LEDs flash again but still dead.

Tried removing Lyra3 and cleaning the contacts, tried 4 different PS2 keyboards, no change in behavior. Tried removing power sucking accessories, no change even on completely bare system.

System is 1D4 with FastATA mk5, BPPC. don't think that matters.

Annoying because I only bought this thing two months ago.

EDIT:

Something I found tonight is that it comes working if the computer has been on for an hour. This even persists through a cold reboot - A few seconds into the boot the lights flash and then the numlock stays lit and I can type again.

This isn't ideal at all, I don't like that my computer has a 1 hour warm up time. It's not a valve radio