Posts by bitter

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

For an RTG system at least a 040 is recommended (better 060).

A base A1200 with 020 or 030 is too slow.

If you are looking for an RTG system you should turn to a Mediator to be inserted in a Tower, as well as buy a 040/060 accelerator.

Not sure I understand. The idea behind RTG is to off-load the hi-res graphics handling to a much faster solution than custom chips. If my A1200 can drive 1280x1024 with AGA graphics, it can certainly do it with an RTG card. Why would I need an an 040/060? Picasso96 requirements are 020, and there are plenty of old RTG cards that used Zorro II slots and worked with mild accelerators.

Jens, do you have any plans to create/update the Indivision AGA with RTG graphics? Just wondering if you have seen any interest to spur such development/R&D costs? There is currently no viable way to add RTG to the 1200, and I know at least I would be willing to pay good money for such an integrated solution. Just wondering, as I've made the recommended fix to my motherboard to make the higher-res AGA modes working good, and they are, but they are really painfully slow.

Sorry if this is not the right forum...

Really enjoying my Indi MK2cr, but right now I'm running it at PAL Laced, because my Lisa doesn't like getting a good workout - HighGFX at 1024x768 for example starts showing artifacts after few minutes. I think ideally I would like to run 800x600, and was wondering, what's the best driver for that, especially looking at minimizing the load on Lisa. Also, are there any recommended solutions for cooling it down?

I now have two A1200s, one with ACA1221ac for WHLoad, and now my new one with ACA1233n for "serious" work. (Great little cards btw!) The 68030 gets noticeably hotter, and since it's still in a desktop case, I was wondering if I need to think about cooling for long-term ownership? If recommended, is there a heatsink that fits well with the provided holes?