Posts by KKR75

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Any ideas what might be causing this, Jens ? I'd much rather have the RTC sit on the ACA1233n where it looks much more at home than on the ACA500plus.

In any case, I would just like to understand why this is happening, is part of the ACA1233n not being recognized by the ACA500plus upon cold boot-up when it gets to the boot menu ?

Jens,

Yes a battery is installed and working fine. As a matter of fact, the RTC module was working perfectly fine every bootup with the ACA1221ec connected to the ACA500plus.

When I switched to the ACA1233n, I moved the RTC module with it. I am indeed using manual setting (1221 Accel. in the menus), but still, upon first bootup, the RTC is not recognized. It is only after a reset that it stays recognized for the remainder of the session. Until a power down.

Yes, and Yes.

Just remember that if you disable the ACA1233n in the ACA500plus menu to use the 68000 host CPU, you will only get the ACA500plus RAM, the RAM on the 1233n will be disabled.

As the title says, I have an Amiga 500 Rev 6a with ACE-2 2MB chip, with the new ACA500plus and ACA1233n connected to it. The RTC Module is properly installed on the ACA1233n, and in the ACA500plus boot menu, I have selected A1200 Accel both in the Global F8 menu and the local F10 profile menu. Still, when the computer is first powered on, the module is not seen, and when Workbench 3.1.4 boots up, I can go in the Time Prefs and set the time properly and save, and then when I reset the ACA500plus the RTC shows the module installed.

I have tried the Global and Autodetect settings, but these don't seem to work at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I, too, am having problems with the ACA1233n/40 and ACASwitchCPU installed on my A1200. The card works perfectly fine, but when I run ACASwitchCPU and chose to disable the onboard memory, the computer gets stuck on a black screen just when it starts rebooting.

If I keep the memory enabled, the computer reboots fine and shows the onboard 68020 and slightly less than. 8MB useable fast RAM which is normal.

I, too, would like to get the A1200 back to its stock state without having to remove the card, if possible.

I tried disabling the MMU and it still does nothing.

My software configuration is v3.1.4 with BestWB updated to 1.1 (it's already pre-installed with MMU). I installed ACA1233n software afterwards, to make sure it updated the MMU configuration.

Any extension readable by the Amiga can be put on the FAT32-formatted CF card. LHA, LZX, ADF, text, images, etc....

When you insert the CF card into the AUX slot, a hard disk icon will appear on your workbench, just like any other hard disk present.

It is really a plug and play.

SNR1,

It would be totally redundant to use the standalone ROM, unless for whatever reason you decide to unplug the ACA00plus and run your A500.

You don't really need the GoTek external kit, unless you want to run ADF floppies from it and be 100% like old times with your floppy reader.

The ACA500plus can read FAT32 formatted PC cards, and that's what I use to transfer files between my PC and Amiga.

The ACA500plus has 2 CF slots: the right one is the Amiga formatted boot drive, the left AUX one can be either PC or Amiga formatted. If PC formatted, it can be hotplugged and out. If Amiga formatted, it cannot be hotplugged.

Hello,

1. Yes the ECS V2 will work with all those products installed. No reason why it shouldn't. My rev 6a has just that same configuration and works like a charm.

2. ECS V2 says in stock for immediate delivery on icomp's shopping site. Is it not so?

3. You can certainly do it whichever way you want. But if I were you, I'd first install the ACE-2, do a reboot to ensure you at least see the ROM splashscreen (that should tell you the ACE-2 is well seated. if not, you might see a solid color screen appear). I would then proceed with the ECS-V2, and finally the easiest of them all, the ACA500plus.

Hello Jens,

here's the thing, when the game start, there is no switchover from the Indivision, hence no OSD output.

Attached are 3 pictures:

- the 1st one with the blue background is my standard workbench in 640x512 PAL, you can see the OSD output.

- the 2nd one is just as I am launching the game, when WHDLoad starts.

- the last picture shows the game just as it is loaded, as you can see it is shifted to the right.

Upon quitting the game, everything comes back to normal just like the first 2 pictures.

Jens,

After spending over 45 minutes fiddling with the settings, I still don't understand how to make this work.

My workbench is set to 640x512 PAL. All is good.

When I WHDLoad a game (say Arkanoid, or whatever), it loads okay, but then the game screen shifts towards the right. There is a big dark border to the left, and it is truncated on the right. When I exit back to WB, all is back to normal.

I copied over my 640x512 setting, changed the setting to 640x256, even tried to offset the horizontal display to the left, but still, nothing happens. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make this work.

Can someone please help? It's obvious I am missing something.

Thank you

Jens,

just to let you know that my ViewSonic VA-951S connected to my A500 with Indi ECS V2 also experiences major ghosting issues.

K.

Edit: same configuration with ECS V1 did not experience ghosting.

I've retrofitted 3 Meanwell RT-50B power supplies in 3 heavyweight A500 power bricks, that I am using with :

1. Amiga 600 with Furia 020 accelerator, Indivision ECS, and IDE CF adapter

2. Amiga 500 with ACE-2, ACA500+, ACA1221ec @ 42MHz (with heatsink), X-Surf 500, Indivision ECS.

3. Amiga 500+ with TerribleFire TF530 @ 40 MHz

4. Amiga 1200 with ACA1233n accelerated to highest warrantied speed.

5. Amiga 500 with ACA500+ @ 21MHz and sometimes 28MHz.

In all cases, those power supplies have performed absolutely brilliantly so far without an issue. The only issue I've ever had was a system hang once on the Amiga500+ with TF530, but that could have been due to something else completely unrelated to power.

KKR75

I do tend to agree that ECS V2's setup tool is quite counter-intuitive to use and complicated.

Upon reading the docs over and over and over again, I somehow managed to luckily get the 640x512 PAL Laced setting to display properly on my LCD monitor, and I left it at that without further trying to try other stuff, in fear of losing that setting.

One of my Amiga 500 is a rev 5, and it came with an OCS Agnus, which I assume yours does as well. The cheapest way for you would be to acquire an ECS Agnus PAL or NTSC and swap it out. You can then use your ACA500plus software menu to enable 1MB chipmem since you have that 512KB trapdoor expansion.

You can acquire that chip quite easily on ebay, but you will need a chip puller to swap it out, it's a bit finicky and requires some skills and manhandling.

I am trying the acaswitchcpu command. When run without any arguments, it reboots fine into the CF card with the host CPU 68020.

But when given the command 'nm' (acacpuswitch nm) , the computer tries to reboot but gets stuck at the very beginning, black screen. The only way out is a cold reset.

The aca1233n is bone stock without any mod but an RTC module installed on the MB clockport.

Any ideas?