Posts by patracy

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I robbed my video slot rgbtohdmi card out of the other 2000 and I can see NTSC from this one. So it's just something weird about my 2000's and the modern monitors. I'm just going to build another card for this box and set it up like this as well. Opens up more monitor options anyhow. Also was able to install 3.1.4 on it and get that working. So no fault of the ace2b.

No, I'm not even sure where I came up with this monitor. And I haven't found anything about it either. I guess I'll just build a rgbtohdmi for it. I know my other 2000 has been picky on what shows up.

I am trying to get my ACE2b installed into my Amiga 2000 rev 4.1 motherboard. I've pulled Gary out and seated the socket correctly, also cleaned the contacts in there. Also cleaned out the Agnus socket as well. Did that a few times actually. But the machine won't display anything on the screen with it installed. As a sanity check I reinstalled Gary and Agnus directly and it will display the screen again at boot.

Another thing to note, I have a 3.1.4 kickstart rom.

I went back into HDtoolbox because I remembered something about CF when I mounted them. It sees the drive as a FC-1307 SD to CF Adapter.

I was just hoping that this could get closer to the ~3mb limit of the zorro bus.

When you say "software", are you talking about the firmware on the Buddha? I ask because I didn't use the DOM to install. Is there anything else I need to install for the Buddha on the workbench side?

Hello,

I've been battling issues with a Amiga 3000 desktop that I installed a A3660. After many attempts to load 3.1.4/BestWB/MMULIB on it with a scsi2sd adapter, I gave up and tried the Buddha IDE. (There's a few issues with timing with a 3000/A3660 due to the dmac/ramsey/scsi chip as I've learned) Thankfully it seems the system works with the Buddha IDE now and no longer corrupts the hard drive. I am searching for a little more speed out of the setup though. Currently I only see 1.5mb from the drive. From the literature it would seem I should be able to double this speed. Is there anything I can try tweaking or changing on my setup?

Amiga 3000 Desktop

16mb ram/2mb chip

A3660 V1.0 (68060)

Buddha IDE 20th anniversary edition

IDE to SD adapter with microcenter 64gb SD card. (Class 10)

Block size set to 4096, 30 buffers